Bow weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow weight?

Any one shoot around 40-42 pounds for hunting? I have the opportunity to trade for a bow in that range, everything else I shoot is 46 to 52 at my 26" draw! Just want to make sure it will be enough! Thanks

it will be fine, a well tuned arrow will get it done.

Comment

My brother killed the biggest buck on our place with a #40 composite bow.

Comment

I do 90% of the time .

Comment

yep 40# will get the job done, a well tuned arrow and sharp broadhead will kill any deer or hog in north america

Comment

Yes that is enough. Also, I think 2 blade broadheads would work the best with that lighter poundage as well. Better penetration through the ribs etc.

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBall View Post
              Yes that is enough. Also, I think 2 blade broadheads would work the best with that lighter poundage as well. Better penetration through the ribs etc.
              yep x2!

Comment

I like the Steel Force Traditionals series.

Comment

magnus stingers work very well too and not overly expensive

Comment

The Magnus Buzz Cut stingers on that bow will be plenty as long as you stay on this continent. Maybe not for Africa, but sure'll work here.

Comment

Will Kill! With no problems! As stated above, put ya a COC 2-blade on front of that arrow, and yore good to go. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Ted Nugent shoots 45

Comment

40 is plenty my wife shoots 33, one doe and two hogs over 125... I would stick with fixed blades an shot placement! She is shooting slick trick mags 100gr.

Comment

Ok guys, I made the trade! Thanks for the "Pep Talk" !! Can't wait to get this bow and shoot it!

Comment

Working...
                            X