No announcement yet.

Acorn rage update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice deer! i have my trailcam setup over my fusion block. I'm going to pull the card in the morning. Hopefully i'll have something to show.

Comment

Academy has it, but Walmart has it for 10 dollars in its roll back price.

Comment

Walmart it is!!

Comment

In an area with a high pig population do you think it would be worth putting it out or would the pigs just suck it all up?

Comment

GJ,

The hogs devoured the powder in Gonzales County. Deer have not touched my block yet from my trailcam pics.

It seems that the hogs have moved away from my stand for a while so I may try the powder again.

Comment

Nice buck!!!
              Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
              l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
              ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

yah that acorn rage is some great stuff

Comment

what a buck, I got some of the ten dollar stuff at walmart and put it in front of the trailcam guess we will see if it works as good for me as it did you

Comment

acorn rage is how I got my buck this year...I got some more for this weekend. They love the stuff!!!

great buck

Comment

Thanks for the update TD. I had been looking for a review

Comment

John, I make my own Acorn Rage (whatever you want to call it) but a friend of mine came up with the recipe.. Exact same results as you are having, they come in and smell/see it and don't leave until it's just a smear on the ground like you said. The cost is tons cheaper and this stuff definitely has all the results that you want...Rice Bran, corn, brown sugar,strawberry jello...I take a 5 gallon bucket and fill 1/2 full w/rice bran and other 1/2 w/corn. 2 boxes of strawberry jello (other flavors work well) and a box of brown sugar...Hand mix well and take a gallon ziplock baggy full to your setup and put out several piles. It will disappear fast!!!!!!!!!Deer love it.........Try it, the rice bran comes in #50 bags @ $9.50 a bag, will last alll season.

Comment

Originally posted by tuthdoc View Post
                          My little brother started using the acorn rage powder this past week. He got it for 10 dollars at Walmart. The deer devoured it. He pours a little pile in his shooting holes and when one finds it, they stick their nose in it and stay until it's pretty well gone. I bought three bags and put it out at several of my spots. The deer wouldn't know an acorn from a pumpkin, but it took them no time at all to start hitting it. The little piles are just smears in the dirt in no time at all. We've started pouring it over our corn chum for added attraction.
                          How would this work for attracting if you were to mix it with some black gold or something similar? I have permission to hunt a small 50 acre spot near New Waverly next to the Nat'l forest and would like to avoid putting a feeder out because of the local populace and have seen this thread a couple of times before asking .

Comment

I made a similar concoction last year using wheat bran. I didn't mix corn in it, but that would have probably helped. I used the brown sugar and jello per AP's recommendation. They ate it, b ut to simplify matters, I just started mixing in beast feast instead of the jello and brown sugar. I also think the rice bran may work better, but in San Angelo it's not available.

Any thing that deer like mixed together should work. Corn and acorn rage would be where I'd start.

Comment

put the powder form out and had a doe licking it in 30 min. she didnt even touch the corn.I definatley like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X