Missouri Hunt Feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri Hunt Feeler

I recently had the opportunity to hunt Missouri, I absolutely loved the experience and obviously want to hunt there more often. I could have an opportunity to lease a little over 900 acres near Stanberry but here lies the rub. In order to make this happen I am going to have to sell 4 or 5 hunts to offset the cost of operating up there verses hunting Texas.

The hunts would be semi guided, I would offer lodging but would not supply meals. I would have a map of stands and pictures of deer associated with each stand. Guest would be able to bring a climber should they see deer crossing else where and I would have atleast 2 extra lock on's at camp just in case. Hunters would have the opportunity to take one trophy and a doe during a 4 day period for a cost of $2,000.00.

Hunter's would be responsible for licensing, food and drink. Since I am in the beginning stages of discussing it, lets just say 130"-150" bucks on the property (this is an assumption).

I would take them to and from their hunt area, just to make sure they are not joy riding through crops and food plots.

What I am asking is, if you had the coin to book a hunt would you? My buddy has some guys that he said may commit, but at this point everything is up in the air.

I’d be interested if it’s a guaranteed hunt. If I’m paying $2,000 for 4 days regardless then not so much

Comment

Really depends on location/quality of deer - Missouri has a big difference across the state regarding deer quality and region. But I agree $2k for only 4 days, that’s tough... just my opinion since I’ve hunted in Missouri previously.

G.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
        Really depends on location/quality of deer - Missouri has a big difference across the state regarding deer quality and region. But I agree $2k for only 4 days, that’s tough... just my opinion since I’ve hunted in Missouri previously.

G.
        How many days would you think for a 2K hunt? Location is Gentry County Seriously trying to dial this in, and if someone is paying I want to be able to supply them with a good experience. I WILL put them on deer or I will not do it.

Comment

2000.00 is a bit high for a four day hunt in Missouri. I have hunted there and most trips are 5 to 7 days. Most had lodging, but you took care of your own meals.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I’d be interested if it’s a guaranteed hunt. If I’m paying $2,000 for 4 days regardless then not so much
            I would hope being in Missouri, whom ever it was would be serious about their hunting especially a paid hunt. Guide can put a guy in a honey hole and him blow it though. I dont think I want to guarantee anything, but would do everything I could do for him/her to succeed.

Comment

What I know and experienced is hunting there/Midwest is way different regarding scent control/pressure on deer so I think without providing food / semi guides I’d say at least a 6 day hunt for $2k + I’d want to clearly understand number of hunters in and out of there on only 900 acres (knowing how hard it is to hunt the Midwest: pressure/scent control/farming activities and impact). Could you get $2k, yes but the quality of deer and evidence of mgmt practices is important

Comment

Originally posted by bulltx50 View Post
                2000.00 is a bit high for a four day hunt in Missouri. I have hunted there and most trips are 5 to 7 days. Most had lodging, but you took care of your own meals.
                What if I broke it down into 2-4 day hunts? One early season/gun season and one late season? Still keep same deer count 1 trophy one doe (Total). I'm just tossing ideas out there yall and I appreciate everyones input.

Comment

Originally posted by the dirty one View Post
                  What if I broke it down into 2-4 day hunts? One early season/gun season and one late season? Still keep same deer count 1 trophy one doe (Total). I'm just tossing ideas out there yall and I appreciate everyones input.
                  I’d pay more money to partner and have flexibility to hunt it just like a season lease if the quality and potential is there vs just coming in like a 5-7 day hunt

Comment

I would lease the turkey rights

Comment

Personally I dont think 2k is out of line. But with that being said, most midwest hunting operations have hunting rights on several pieces of ground. Meaning you could hunt several farms in your time there. 900 acres will get pretty small pretty quick, and the deer will get educated on movement and stand locations even faster.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                        Personally I dont think 2k is out of line. But with that being said, most midwest hunting operations have hunting rights on several pieces of ground. Meaning you could hunt several farms in your time there. 900 acres will get pretty small pretty quick, and the deer will get educated on movement and stand locations even faster.

My thoughts as well. Place would appear to get hunted out pretty quickly. In not necessarily talking about animals killed, just pressure will severely degrade the hunting

Comment

Why not just try and get a few guys to lease the place with you instead of selling hunts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never hunted missouri, but have hunted the east side of kansas for 17 years, I'd assume they're similar. We (4 guys) have about 1700-2200 acres, depending on the year and we feel crowded. We bow hunt only, might be different if we were rifle hunting. Said that to say if it's farm country, 900 acres will get crowded if you're bow hunting.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like you are trying to have 4-5 hunters taking “trophy bucks” on 900 acres in MO.

IMO that’s way too many harvested on that small of a property. It will be shot out rather quickly.

MO is a non bait state. 4 days is a short window for a hunt. You better be on the right trail at the perfect time.

Comment

Working...
                              X