No announcement yet.

Boykin or lab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you plan to hunt cold weather in water go with a lab. They can take the long sits in wind and ice but that's tough on a Boykin.

Comment

And this is why it's tough

I know labs shed terrible, there is yellow hair all over our house no matter how much we clean with the lab we have now,black would be a little better just because it wouldn't show as easy.

The cold water hunting isn't a big deal. We normally may only have to deal with breaking ice once or twice a year.

The only other drawback to a Boykin is the only ones I can find in Texas are $1800 and can find some for $1200 but in South Carolina. I know labs can be that expensive but should be able to find some good bred ones for a little cheaper.

Keep opinions coming. Still can't decide

Comment

English lab. they are much more chill and have an on/off switch. when my pup was working you couldnt stop him...

had a buddy with a bokin and it was so hyper all the time i found it not enjoyable.

but im more low key.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbtexas View Post
          English lab. they are much more chill and have an on/off switch. when my pup was working you couldnt stop him...

had a buddy with a bokin and it was so hyper all the time i found it not enjoyable.

but im more low key.
          I definitely don't want a hyper dog, but have seen labs that are crazy hyper too. I think it just depends on the breeding.

I think I am just going to go with a Boykin. Just gotta find the right one.

Comment

Dogs are like kids in that they will do anything you let um get away with. Good choice on Boykin, just be sure to do your research...health clearances, etc

Comment

English lab. My English female is 60lbs. Great with everyone and other dogs. Also hunts very well.

Comment

Working...
              X