Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Bugs in Double Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugs in Double Down

Does anyone else notice bugs in their double down feed sacks?

More protein!

Comment

Originally posted by Smith2001 View Post
      Does anyone else notice bugs in their double down feed sacks?
      You pay extra for that!

Comment

That's the secret!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          That's the secret!

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought Double Down at two different stores and both loads were full of corn bugs. I called Dilley Feeds the second time and the guy was real nice and ask if I wanted some replacement bags, I told him not to worry about it, I already put in the feeders. He blamed the stores for not storing it properly.

I fed DD all last summer, went back to LE and now feeding Wendlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              I bought Double Down at two different stores and both loads were full of corn bugs. I called Dilley Feeds the second time and the guy was real nice and ask if I wanted some replacement bags, I told him not to worry about it, I already put in the feeders. He blamed the stores for not storing it properly.

Every time we buy it theyre in their im assuming they dont mess with the feed

Comment

bug

Found this beetle in a bag, good stuff!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Smith2001 View Post
                  Every time we buy it theyre in their im assuming they dont mess with the feed
                  The corn bugs aint in LE or Wendlands, so I am not sure why they are in DD. I also noticed there is more powder in DD bags than other brands. Maybe its from the bugs eating on it or that powder is the secret ingredients.

Comment

Comment

Weevils

Comment

Old

Comment

Have you noticed any difference?

Comment

Bs, they store it in the same room under the same conditions as LE and Wendlands. I'm not a fan of the finger pointing types.

Comment

Other than price, no. The problem for me was DD is 4.00 higher a bag and I had to drive an extra 30 miles to get it.

In all fairness, I am sure the results would be more of a long term affect on horn growth and not a trial for one summer.

On the other hand, the coons really liked DD and I have some coons now that are big enough to pull a plow.

Comment

Working...
                              X