Ice chest in truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice chest in truck

I've heard of several coolers being stolen lately out of the beds of trucks. Yetis and RTICs obviously being the main targets. What do those who keep coolers in their trucks use to keep them secured? I ask this because I've heard of cables being cut. Thanks.

A cable and a smith.

Comment

They cut the cables and chains here everyday. I don't park in town with a nice cooler in the open bed of my pickup.

Comment

Been lucky, carry a yeti locked in the back of my truck with a cable for 3 years now.

Comment

I use a chain and heavy locks. But I do realize that all it does is keep honest people honest and if they want it they will take it.

Comment

I dont remember who it was, but there was a company at one time that made a mesh strap that was supposed to be almost thief proof. Seems like they were unaffiliated with and cooler company if I recall. My question is though, how do you cable or chain them? My RTIC has rope handles, so that wouldnt do any good to chain through them.

Comment

Back seat... that way they can smash my window AND steal my cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                Back seat... that way they can smash my window AND steal my cooler.
                Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
                  I dont remember who it was, but there was a company at one time that made a mesh strap that was supposed to be almost thief proof. Seems like they were unaffiliated with and cooler company if I recall. My question is though, how do you cable or chain them? My RTIC has rope handles, so that wouldnt do any good to chain through them.
                  I remember seeing this as well. I would like info on one.

Comment

This is why I have a cheap Coleman.

Comment

Under my tonneau cover - out of sight. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post

Bison was offering them but dont see them on the site now. I bought one direct cheaper but cant remember who. There was also a video of them on youtube and they couldnt be cut with a saw or cable cutters. Its something close to this

That coupled with the metal deal that goes thru the sides of the cooler and then the strap into the bed tie downs is what I do.

Last edited by Quackerbox; 02-22-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I keep mine in the bed of my truck and leave the truck keys on top the lid hoping they will take both. For some reason they keep taking the cooler and leaving the key. Guess you can’t even give a Dodge away these days.

Comment

I leave my Yeti at the store where they are sold. Never had one stolen yet!

Trailboss

Comment

Ice chest in truck

A few months ago someone posted that a fishing guide had glued razor blades under the handles on the cooler on his boat to cut lines with. Pictures showed blood all over his deck and side of the boat when a thief tried to steal it. Thief got what was coming to him IMO, but I wouldn’t do it because I would forget and cut myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X