Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprayer rant

Got my little 25gal sprayer out yesterday and it would not pump

Checked prices and pump was around $100 but saw a link for parts.

Being somewhat mechanically inclined I spent about 10min looking up part numbers.
    The diaphragm (what I think is wrong) was $40-60

You can't convince me that this part is worth any more than $20

Almost like they don't want you to be able to fix them

Rant over

I have often run into the same situation--parts cost more than the new item--

Comment

Same boat here, ended up just buying a new pump and will likely not hold up but for one more big spray! It's hard to spend money on a good big sprayer but I am deff in the market after all the hassle I had from mine!

Comment

Parts to repair anything are ridiculously expensive. Plastic fuel tank last week for my pole saw, (mouse chewed a hole in it) $50, This week, rubber air cleaner hose for my Kawasaki 4 wheeler, about 4 inches long, $50, Neither of those should have been more than $15. And we don't even want to discuss outboard motor parts...

Comment

I bought 2 replacement motors with shipping on-line for what I could buy one for locally. Just get the part/motor # and google it.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
            I bought 2 replacement motors with shipping on-line for what I could buy one for locally. Just get the part/motor # and google it.
            I google replacement numbers and then part numbers. Maybe I need to look more for better pricing on parts.

Everything is getting to be throw away because you can't buy a part for a fraction of the whole

I am going to tear this pump down and see if I can figure out how to get it going or at least verify what is wrong with it.
            Wanted to spray gly on fence rows yesterday while I had time

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              I google replacement numbers and then part numbers. Maybe I need to look more for better pricing on parts.

Everything is getting to be throw away because you can't buy a part for a fraction of the whole

I am going to tear this pump down and see if I can figure out how to get it going or at least verify what is wrong with it.
              Wanted to spray gly on fence rows yesterday while I had time
              Cheap sprayers have cheap pumps that will not take Gly use very long. My 15 gallon sprayer was cheap so I bought the cheaper motors-$25-30 each shipped IIRC. I use those motors to spray Remedy mainly and if use Gly I clean them out with soapy water when I store it. I bought a higher volume and more expensive motor for Gly only. IIRC it was around $80 or so. It was Gly rated and has lasted 2 yrs now.
              Last edited by texashunter56; 09-05-2017, 04:57 PM. Reason: Corrected cost

Comment

Tractor Supply normally has them in stock.

Comment

Spent an hour disassembling, cleaning and reassembling the guts of the pump

Worked when I was done

Looks like he check valve was stuck closed

Still ticked that parts cost nearly as much as a new pump though

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    Spent an hour disassembling, cleaning and reassembling the guts of the pump

Worked when I was done

Looks like he check valve was stuck closed

Still ticked that parts cost nearly as much as a new pump though
                    Fimco ? I ask because I had a small spot sprayer that worked right up until it didn't. It was almost as cheap to buy a whole new tank sprayer as just a motor. I didn't google, because I needed it fast, so it's still sitting in the shop. When the one I'm using on the Ranger quits, I'm gonna build my own setup from Northern parts, I think it will last longer.

Comment

Working...
                    X