Score and Age please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Score and Age please

I have these two shooters coming to the feeder twice a day, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day and I'm having a difficult time deciding which one to poke.

Can you give me some WAGs on each ones score and age? I refer to them as the "Tall 9" and "Wide 8".

Thanks
    Attached Files

The wide 8 buck is older but both are mature. Shoot which ever buck you like. I prefer taller narrower bucks...more real estate and less airspace.

Comment

I think they are the same age, or the 8 may be a year older. Both look mature. And score wise, I believe both are within 2-4 inches of 132. I would shoot whichever one shows up first haha! Good luck

Comment

I like them both. Like you I like the tall ones but then the 8 has webbing between the points which I like and may help with the score. Since I have no clue on scoring "on the hoof" though I would get a few guesses to help me decide.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Why not both

Comment

Parker county only allows 1 per year

Comment

I think the 8 is older. That would be my target animal. Good luck.

Comment

Wide 8 5.5 and 128 tall 9 4.5 and 130

Comment

If they both walk in at the same time - shoot whichever one looks bigger to you.

I wouldn't wait on one vs the other - both shooters. 128-132 ish..

Comment

I personally like the wide buck better and he looks 6.5. Tall narrow buck is probably older with them wore out knee pads, rare to see them that wore on a buck.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                      I personally like the wide buck better and he looks 6.5. Tall narrow buck is probably older with them wore out knee pads, rare to see them that wore on a buck.
                      Interesting, I didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing that out. Something learned on TBH today

Comment

anymore guesses on age and score?

Comment

4.5 on age for both, but if one is older its the wider deer. score is about 125 on both of them. I like the wider deer, but you can't wrong with either of them. both very nice 8-pointers

Comment

9pt 4 & 120
                            8pt 5 & 125

Comment

Shoot which ever gets sideways first

Comment

Working...
                              X