No announcement yet.

Two stands one feeder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 stands per feeder is the only way to bowhunt.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
      I’m wondering if having two different stands set on one feeder for bowhunting is a good idea? I currently have a natural brush blind made for a south wind during the early season. I’m thinking about setting a tripod back in the brush for a north wind later on during the season. Would hunting both winds be putting to much pressure on the deer in this one spot or should I go for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have a tripod and pop up at each of my set ups and a box blind for rifles 100 yards away.

Comment

I've got one pop up and one brush blind on my feeder within bow range. I also have a tower (elevated) rifle blind up on top of the hill about 160 yards away. I'll get in it from time to time because I can see so much more country.

Comment

What about possibly moving your feeder to the sendero intersection with the orange line and putting two blinds on it there positioned where you could possibly see down all four directions with either wind? I can't tell how wide the sendero is or if you would have enough room to accomplish this but this would also give you an opportunity to be able to see that feeder a long way off from any direction if you were to drive to it. Just a thought

Comment

A few on our place do it but I haven't been able to talk myself into spending another couple grand to put more boxes or Krivos on my two feedpens....I'm close though.. We as a whole are pretty successful without a second blind but my buck this year almost made me do it. I don't hunt out of tree stands or tripods and popups don't last so it would be a fairly expensive add.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
              What about possibly moving your feeder to the sendero intersection with the orange line and putting two blinds on it there positioned where you could possibly see down all four directions with either wind? I can't tell how wide the sendero is or if you would have enough room to accomplish this but this would also give you an opportunity to be able to see that feeder a long way off from any direction if you were to drive to it. Just a thought

I could put the feeder there but that would be a little close to my rifle stand and way on the south side of that sendero is a road that goes into the property to the south of us. If I put the feeder there all the people leaving or entering the south property can see my feeder. It’s a long ways from there (600+yards) but I’d rather not have them being able to see my feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                A few on our place do it but I haven't been able to talk myself into spending another couple grand to put more boxes or Krivos on my two feedpens....I'm close though.. We as a whole are pretty successful without a second blind but my buck this year almost made me do it. I don't hunt out of tree stands or tripods and popups don't last so it would be a fairly expensive add.

Adding another stand would be free for me, just bring my tripod from a spot where it hasn’t been used for over a year. I can see why it’s not real favorable putting more money on your spot when it’s already working for you.

Comment

I have at least 2, most actually have 3 at every feeder.

Comment

Working...
                  X