2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
    Those are 1" tubes. Is that what you got?

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
      Those are 1" tubes. Is that what you got?
      Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        Yes
        10-4, thanks

Comment

I’m having a hard time deciding between the VX6 or a Swaro Z5

Don’t believe I’ll ever shoot further than 500 yards with it so leaning Swaro and just holding even though it’s not much holding in all honesty.

Bought a 300 rum that’s getting a VX6 with the cds dual and a TMOA reticle for reaching out and touching stuff

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
            10-4, thanks
            $700 for the 3-15 is a dang good deal!
            I have one on my 7mm-08 and it's a good scope... I was initially hesitant about the BDC reticle (Rapid Z 600) but I like it OK and it's easy to understand.
            I have a dope chart for zoom settings and my holds are good based on that. Depending on your ballistics you may or may not be using max magnification. Since the max has to correspond to flat, fast trajectories, the slower and more arching your ballistics, the further from max you'll be. I'm pushing a 162gr. pill at 2,500 fps in my 7mm-08 and I'll probably be shooting at 11.5X based on the chart I worked up.
            139gr. pills in the 2,850 range get me to max for some conditions.
            You can also use it as a more "normal" BDC reticle by basing your dope chart on max magnification, just the 4, 5, & 6 hashes aren't going to be 400, 500 & 600 yards, which is fine too.
            I'm going to West Texas on an Auodad hunt this weekend and may take an alternate dope chart to use max magnification... we'll see. The idea just occurred to me while writing this post.

Comment

This is my following dot

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                I’m having a hard time deciding between the VX6 or a Swaro Z5

Don’t believe I’ll ever shoot further than 500 yards with it so leaning Swaro and just holding even though it’s not much holding in all honesty.

Bought a 300 rum that’s getting a VX6 with the cds dual and a TMOA reticle for reaching out and touching stuff
                I too was looking at the Swarovski Z5. Heard after the 500 yard ring on the BT scopes there was hardly any elevation left.

I wound up going with the Zeiss V6 Conquest in 5-30x50. I will then get the Kenton Industries turrets for it once I get my build from APR.

Gonna be a long wait until June.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                  Hi Robert, do you guys built Left handed guns at all? What if I provide a left handed action? Not talking in regards to this deal.
                  May want to send him a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                    I too was looking at the Swarovski Z5. Heard after the 500 yard ring on the BT scopes there was hardly any elevation left.

I wound up going with the Zeiss V6 Conquest in 5-30x50. I will then get the Kenton Industries turrets for it once I get my build from APR.

Gonna be a long wait until June.
                    That’s another option I’ve thought about doing

Comment

Just got mine ordered

6.5 Creedmoor
                      22" barrel
                      Ratchet flutes
                      black, brown, and off white ambush camo
                      burnt bronze action and barrel

I really was leaning more towards 6.5-284 or 6.5 PRC when I called, but for my goals for this rifle and wanting to keep the barrel at 22" to run suppressed, 6.5 Creedmor will do all I need it to do and then some.....can't wait to get my hands on it and get my 1000 yd range built to have some fun.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                        Hi Robert, do you guys built Left handed guns at all? What if I provide a left handed action? Not talking in regards to this deal.

I have seen LH builds from APR

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                          Just got mine ordered

6.5 Creedmoor
                          22" barrel
                          Ratchet flutes

I really was leaning more towards 6.5-284 or 6.5 PRC when I called, but for my goals for this rifle and wanting to keep the barrel at 22" to run suppressed, 6.5 Creedmor will do all I need it to do and then some.....can't wait to get my hands on it and get my 1000 yd range built to have some fun.

That’s gonna be awesome, nice colors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got mine ordered

6.5 Creedmoor
                            22" barrel
                            Ratchet flutes

A 1000 yard range you say...? Hello, my name is Craig and I have an addiction...

Sounds like a good build and good choice for the barrel length.

Comment

Originally posted by hweissert View Post
                              I too can’t help on the 300 but Robert built me a 240 wby and it’s a hammer!

I have always wanted a 240 wby. How does it perform at range?

Comment

Just got mine ordered

6.5 Creedmoor
                                22" barrel
                                Ratchet flutes

Sounds awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X