No announcement yet.

Edwards/Real Counties Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont think we will be making it out. More rain coming up from Mexico. Will keep monitoring though. Anyone gone out there yet?

Comment

I've always seen a good amount of animals at our place in southern Real county after a couple days of rain.

4-5 days of rain followed by below avg temps is always a good thing IMO

Comment

I am with you....just worried about 41 and 674.

Comment

It's that time headed to Rocksprings to play in the mud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Westbound towards Edwards County from Houston! Wooo!

Comment

My rancher told me they have had over 6" of rain on our place outside Barksdale. Ya'll be safe and don't get stuck.

Comment

managed to get in and out with no issues. 4wheel low in the mud was fine, with little damage to roads. Was pretty quiet at our place; young does. Killed a couple porcupines though.

Comment

Originally posted by R.W.T View Post
                  Turkey ridge or deer valley ?
                  turkey ridge

Comment

One less boar in Edwards county!

Comment

I decided to hunt this weekend in spite of the weather. It turned out nice, but it was muddy. Didn't have much activity, mostly young deer and no Axis. I dumped three inches from the gauge.

Comment

The acorns in far South Real county were dropping like crazy!
                        Deer movement around the feeders was fantastic up until 4 days before the opener.
                        The foreman at a neighboring ranch said it was like someone flipped the light switch and thousands of acorns started dropping.
                        Needless to say I didn't see any deer.
                        Maybe early November will be better than years past assuming all the acorns should be eaten by then......

Comment

Thinking about making a run to check cameras tomorrow. I've been told the acorns are dropping hard, its very green and not many animals out.

Comment

Very slow hunting the past few days. Winter forbs popping up with all the recent rains along with the heaviest acorn crop I can remember. There are some crappy looking oaks that just clung to life after the 2009-2011 drought that produced good acorns this year. Auodad finally arrived on our place in central Edwards. Not too thrilled about that. At least they aren't regular (yet).

Comment

Slow for me this past weekend also. We managed to get a doe. 55 this morning was pretty nice tho. Have gotten .3" of rain the past two weeks.

Comment

Real County

Just West of Leakey on 337. Looks like it’s going to be a good year, lots of acorns and had a bumper crop of persimmons. Good looking animals on cameras.

Comment

Working...
                                X