Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden maldrin.��

Comment

PVC around feeder legs works best for me.

Comment

Hire some of us adc guys, we're having to work in the stinkin' oilfield to make ends meet.

Comment

Shoot them in the friggin face

Comment

I gotta be honest, and this is no sales pitch, I have seen very very few coons since I started feeding free choice for only an hour at a time, morning and evening. I just looked through 11,000 pictures and 500 videos and I probably had less than a dozen sightings of a coon in all of that. I don't know where the coons are, but I can tell you where they aren't.

I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink....
            Last edited by hammer63; 08-29-2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
              I gotta be honest, and this is no sales pitch, I have seen very very few coons since I started feeding free choice for only an hour at a time, morning and evening. I just looked through 11,000 pictures and 500 videos and I probably had less than a dozen sightings of a coon in all of that. I don't know where the coons are, but I can tell you where they aren't.

I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink....
              Ain't free choice if you control it for 22 hours

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Ain't free choice if you control it for 22 hours
                Ain't free choice if it's empty for a week at a time either

I feed 80# a day EVERY day on 300 acres and that's as close to free choice as they're gonna get. Mostly, the bucks get the bulk of it and that's the way I want it. My budget, my plan, my results. It's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
                  Ain't free choice if it's empty for a week at a time either

I feed 80# a day EVERY day on 300 acres and that's as close to free choice as they're gonna get. Mostly, the bucks get the bulk of it and that's the way I want it. My budget, my plan, my results. It's all good.
                  Dang. Relax lol. It was a joke.

Comment

Dang. Relax lol. It was a joke.
                    Shoot, don't worry, you didn't get my dander up. I've heard it all before man. We're good.

Comment

What are the best ways to keep coon off protein

If Hammer63 would be the choir director of the "timed protein choir", you can put me down as the lead soprano. I went from seeing coons every night and lots of bucks being strictly nocturnal, to mostly (maybe 80%+) daytime pics with essentially 0 coons (I can go through 2000 photos without a coon on the feeder).

From this:

To this:

Last edited by 686; 08-30-2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

What units are y'all using for those?

Comment

The feeder in my photos is a krivoman #1500

http://www.krivomanoutdoors.com/timed-protein-feeders/

http://www.krivomanoutdoors.com/product/1500lb-feeder/

I'm having two #3400 feeders built right now for our place (so I can get bulk delivery straight into the feeder) that i'm putting the same valve mechanism on. Basically, if you can close the feeder at night, you won't have coons. You can go free choice all day or smaller time windows of free choice during the day. The bucks learn when it is available and will stand around waiting for it to open.

Comment

The one in the last 2 pictures 686 posted is a Krivoman timed free choice feeder with The Hammer as the controller.

Comment

Here's a photo of one of the units I'm having built at a shop in Round Rock. I'm planning on picking them up from the shop and taking them out to the ranch on Thursday, but if you're around town today or early tomorrow and have a little time and interested in taking a look at the mechanism, PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X