No announcement yet.

A few pics of the non typical buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbor killed that deer about 3/4 mile from us. He was a dandy. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He's incredible

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        Yep. 110acres Coryell County.
        May your dreams come true!

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
          Do you have any high fence places close by that he could have gotten out of or is he just a once in a lifetime freak monster buck?
          that is what I was wondering - not what one sees normally free range

either way great deer!

Comment

Wow. Good looking deer. Maybe, a buck of a lifetime.

Comment

Curious on what he scored? Didn't another TBHer kill it?

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                Curious on what he scored? Didn't another TBHer kill it?
                Friend of a TBH'r killed it. I've talked to the guy who killed a couple times since then. I just don't remember the details.

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                that is what I was wondering - not what one sees normally free range

either way great deer!
                There are high fence places near us and deer have escaped from there and been killed. That's confirmed. As far as this non typical trait we see, it's been here more than a decade. There's been several bucks over the years with crazy racks. This last one was the most non typical we've seen. Not sure what the origin of them in the area is, natural or introduced. I just know I like them...a lot! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Very nice buck Roscoe, I sure hope you get a chance at him, it would make all the effort worth it.

Comment

Awesome... buck of a lifetime! Good luck.

Comment

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about posting pictures this year. Some people really started figuring exactly where our place was last year. There's nobody that I'm particularly worried about, it just makes me nervous. Kinda sucks, because I really like seeing pics of cool deer and love sharing pics of bucks. :-(

Loose lips sink ships. It does suck not being able to share pics but there are a lot of people on this site that do not share pics for the very reason you stated.

Comment

Just a magnificent deer. I too just love the process Roscoe. I started cutting my food plots last week and getting ready for the fall planting.

Comment

Cool buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                              Truth is I don't mind at all. I've grown to enjoy the process a lot more than the result over the years. I love filling feeders, running cameras, doing food plots, all of it. Tickles me to death to see how good these deer have gotten over the last decade. I work my tail off out there sometimes, but truth is I could scout more and hunt harder. As the saying goes, I guess I just ain't that mad at them anymore. Lol. I suspect one of these days one them hoss bucks is gonna slip and let me hang a tag on'em. I got time. :-)

I feel the same way. Same thing happens to me every year in one way or the other. I know there are a few MONSTERS that circulate thru the area and ONE DAY they gonna get too close at the PERFECT time for me and then they will live happily ever after on my wall. That possibility is what is so exciting to me about hunting. A decent buck and meat in the freezer is always nice and usually pans out every year, but the possibility of one of these ghosts is what keeps me chasing them!

Oh, and BTW...this is my FAVORITE buck on TBH so far for 2017.....Hands down...

Comment

Working...
                              X