Is this xbow worth the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this xbow worth the money?

I am not a crossbow guy at all. Never laid hands on one. Momma ok'ed me a $200 budget to get our son (10) into the game for Christmas. I know we can do better for more money but with my wife just finishing up nursing school the Christmas budget is tight. So looking for real world experience with this xbow.

Thanks,

no Idea. D I C K's has a barnett on sale reg $350 for $199 just FYI online

Comment

Looks like a good deal to me. I have two crossbows that are not that fast and have killed deer with both of them.

Comment

my buddy has one and loves it. ive never seen it or shot it, but he said it was a steal and he has been happy with it. fwiw

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
          http://www.cabelas.com/product/hunti...tabsCollection

I am not a crossbow guy at all. Never laid hands on one. Momma ok'ed me a $200 budget to get our son (10) into the game for Christmas. I know we can do better for more money but with my wife just finishing up nursing school the Christmas budget is tight. So looking for real world experience with this xbow.

Thanks,
          Do a search. There is a thread from a guy that has had them all, and he says this one is great and what he shoots now. I'm buying my wife one for Christmas

Comment

I know your 10 year old will not be able to cock it. I assume you will be there to do that for him. I really like the cocking ropes that are attached to the stock.

I bought my son one several years ago. I went to Cabelas and just got one in my budget from the Clearance section.

I don't know anything about it, but I started with a $120 Bear Whitetail from Oshmans and I got a deer with it.

Comment

Thanks y'all. It is in stock at the Buda store.

Comment

I would go with a Barnett Jackal over that as Barnett has been in the Crossbbow Business longer and isn't going anywhere. Centerpoint has only recently (Within 2 Years)showed on the Crossbow market ..

Comment

Here's my 2 cents. The primary thing I would be looking for in a crossbow for a kiddo would be safety. One of the most dangerous aspects of shooting a crossbow is the possibility of getting fingers cut off if they are placed in the path of the string.

That being said, the particular crossbow you are looking at does not provide much in the way of protection for keeping fingers out of the string path.

Personally, I would look for one with a full length finger guard and make absolutely sure it has an anti-dry fire mechanism. If a crossbow doesn't have one, it will eventually get dry-fired and then lots of bad things happen. The anti-dry fire system will not allow the trigger to be pulled unless a bolt is seated properly.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                    Here's my 2 cents. The primary thing I would be looking for in a crossbow for a kiddo would be safety. One of the most dangerous aspects of shooting a crossbow is the possibility of getting fingers cut off if they are placed in the path of the string.

That being said, the particular crossbow you are looking at does not provide much in the way of protection for keeping fingers out of the string path.

Personally, I would look for one with a full length finger guard and make absolutely sure it has an anti-dry fire mechanism. If a crossbow doesn't have one, it will eventually get dry-fired and then lots of bad things happen. The anti-dry fire system will not allow the trigger to be pulled unless a bolt is seated properly.
                    This is false. I just bought this crossbow and it has guards that come out both sides of the hand rest so you cannot put your fingers or thumb on the rail. The reviews are awesome on this crossbow! The stock is adjutable and the grip up front is also. Barnett is owned by WGI so I would never buy one of those. Look up the thread on here "everything crossbow" and there is nothing but good things about this crossbow.

Comment

I bought one for my 7 year old a few months ago. It has exceeded my expectations and is a sweet shooter right out of the box. I think you'll be happy with it.

Comment

Man that's slick price on that one, reviews look really good also. Might have to pick one up for the wife so she'll have an excuse to go hunting with me.

God bless and happy hunting.
                        Richard.

Comment

I'm gonna roll with the centerpoint. Lot's of adjust-ability for the young'n. Thanks for all the feedback! The youtube reviews are all positive.

Comment

You can't go wrong with this cross bow. Yes there are some up grades that you can do a little at a time. First thing is buy some good bolts, second is upgrade the trigger . But for the money there is not another cross bow on the market. Look at the reviews on crossbow nation.com

Comment

I own this crossbow and took my first buck with it earlier this season. I love it!! Only thing I have added to the 370 is the Limbsaver quieting kit. I shoot 20" CarbonExpress PileDrivers with NAP Sling blades in 100 grain. I absolutely love my crossbow and have never had any problem with the xbow

Comment

Working...
                              X