Vacation in January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation in January

I'm looking for insight on a good place to take my wife, 1 yr old son and myself on vacation in the US in January. Not real interested in a warm beach, more so a nice place to go see in the winter. Been to Wyoming and love it, I would love to go back, but feel the need to go see somewhere else. Only states I've vacationed in are Wyoming, Florida, Nevada and Maine and not real interested in any of those this go round. Vacation will likely be about 1 week long and I would like to drive there if it's not too far of a drive for my kid to endure. Thanks in advance for any information y'all have to share on places to go and sights to see as well as places to stay and food to eat!

Colorado. Good food to stop at on the way to and from as well.

Comment

Pigeon Forge Tennessee. Those mountains are beautiful this time of year. January should be very accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
        Pigeon Forge Tennessee. Those mountains are beautiful this time of year. January should be very accessible.

I just had a fella at work recommending this to me. Whats to do there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
          I'm looking for insight on a good place to take my wife, 1 yr old son and myself on vacation in the US in January. Not real interested in a warm beach, more so a nice place to go see in the winter. Been to Wyoming and love it, I would love to go back, but feel the need to go see somewhere else. Only states I've vacationed in are Wyoming, Florida, Nevada and Maine and not real interested in any of those this go round. Vacation will likely be about 1 week long and I would like to drive there if it's not too far of a drive for my kid to endure. Thanks in advance for any information y'all have to share on places to go and sights to see as well as places to stay and food to eat!
          Mulie Archery OTC in AZ

Comment

I just had a fella at work recommending this to me. Whats to do there?

I would also suggest Gatlinburg. I don't think it's far from Pigeon Forge. I can't remember what it's called exactly, but there's a drive-through tour/safari in the mountains we went on when I was a kid. We saw all sorts of critters. We also really enjoyed going to the "Dixie Stampede." It's a dinner and a show/rodeo type thing.

Comment

I love the grand canyon in the winter and great archery hunting not far from there

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                I love the grand canyon in the winter and great archery hunting not far from there

Have not been to the grand canyon yet. But the hunting part is definitely out on this trip. Those trips will come, but not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post

Mulie Archery OTC in AZ

Not real sure my 1yr old is strong enough to pull a 45# bow back yet... Hes a big ol boy, but he aint that big. Yet!

Comment

Momma and i going to estes park.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Big bend

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Momma and i going to estes park.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Im going to keep that one in mind for another trip. Although we’ve been through CO, we havent stayed there. Next time we go up tat way, I want to fish so it will be a summer trip.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          Big bend

Had not considered going there before. Is there much to do way out there?

Comment

Crested Butte, CO
                            Durango, CO
                            Gattlinburg, TN
                            Angelfire, NM

Lot's of great places out there.

Comment

Had not considered going there before. Is there much to do way out there?

Not a lot to do as far as activities, especially with a one year old but a lot to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X