Barndo - Insulating and Finishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barndo - Insulating and Finishing

I recently purchased a new house that had a barndo built for a garage. I was planning on using it as a garage for boat and other toys however I decided I wanted to finish it out and make this my office, boat storage and potential trophy room. The building is 30x45

I am looking for recommendations for someone to finish it out (guess framing and sheetrock) as well as spraying insulation. Property is located in Pinehurst, Tx.

Anyone with any recommendations

Comment

Robert McCoy
      Eskimo insulation.

Comment

I have something similar in Montgomery that I am finishing out. Start with a drawing of what you want if you don't already have one. If you are looking for someone to come in and turnkey the job to completion, framing, insulation, electrical plumbing trim and paint I would look at some remodeling contractors. You can probably save yourself a few bucks if you contract for each trade separately and pay for the materials.

Frontier Foam or IBP for foam insulation. Make sure you specify the thickness of the foam in your contract and check their work when they finish.
        Last edited by kmitchl; 07-30-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I would finish it out and still keep the boat in there. Give you something pretty to look at while working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, depending on where purlins are prior to insulation you may need to add some before you can finish out. You have to have something to attach studs to. On both ends of my building we had to put up top purlins at the 10 ft level, side walls already had them at that height since that was side wall height but ends of building are much taller so needed purlins added at same height for finish out. Also, if doing this in steps make sure the insulation guys know you are finishing out and they clean, scrape, the interior side of purlins, columns, etc....to the height you are finishing out, that way all the studs will lay flat against them.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
              I have something similar in Montgomery that I am finishing out. Start with a drawing of what you want if you don't already have one. If you are looking for someone to come in and turnkey the job to completion, framing, insulation, electrical plumbing trim and paint I would look at some remodeling contractors. You can probably save yourself a few bucks if you contract for each trade separately and pay for the materials.

Frontier Foam or IBP for foam insulation. Make sure you specify the thickness of the foam in your contract and check their work when they finish.
              Thanks. I plan to do in stages. Just not sure if I should have the studs put in first the insulation. IT already has electrical and plumbing ran.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              I would finish it out and still keep the boat in there. Give you something pretty to look at while working.
              That's the plan

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
              Also, depending on where purlins are prior to insulation you may need to add some before you can finish out. You have to have something to attach studs to. On both ends of my building we had to put up top purlins at the 10 ft level, side walls already had them at that height since that was side wall height but ends of building are much taller so needed purlins added at same height for finish out. Also, if doing this in steps make sure the insulation guys know you are finishing out and they clean, scrape, the interior side of purlins, columns, etc....to the height you are finishing out, that way all the studs will lay flat against them.
              Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
              X