Anybody know how jayco are wired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2018 jayco 264bh Jayflight, on the 12v side on fuse #4 (15amp) I have a short..a pretty bad short. The circuit powers the board on the fridge and then runs to the furnace. The wires go from the breaker box panel under the fridge (yellow and white wire) through a hole up to the panel in the back of the fridge up into the circuit board. The wire has 2 quick connects to feed the fridge control board then the wire continues feeding through a stud and looks like it might go in the ceiling? Picture below shows wire behind the white romex going into stud. I cleaned the roof recently wasn't sure if the wires ran through the roof and possibly got pinched? Any help I would greatly appreciate. Its under warrenty but a 4 month turn around time I am not to thrilled about dropping it off. I did disconnect the quick connects from the fridge control board and the short is still active so I know the board on the fridge is still good.
    Attached Files

Check your GFIs the green screen RV wizard had to remind me to do this twice:-) just something to try.

Comment

Anyway to disconnect from the heater? Looks the label says that fuse just goes to heater and fridge.

Comment

Unplug the heater right there first, then try it. If it still grounds, then unhook the wire from that plug and cap the wires, and try it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-23-2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Thats where i was heading next but its not easy to get to. They built the heater under the jack knife couch..which I did take the couch out and realize they built the enclosure for the furnace like fort knox. More screws and nailgun nails than needed. So without ripping that apart and possibly voiding the warrenty, I was going to trace the wiring...

Comment

Working...
          X