Do leveling kits improve the ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do leveling kits improve the ride?

My 2016 F150 super crew wants to "road walk" when traveling on rough surfaces at highway speeds. The front suspension, etc. has been ruled out by multiple trips to different Ford dealerships. I think it is in the rear and could be related to the lighter aluminum body. Anyone else experienced this? I am curious if a front leveling kit could help improve the ride. Thanks...

My guess would be no, you would have a higher center of gravity.

Comment

Leveling kits don't affect the factory ride at all. Unless its a kit where you change coils and shocks.

Comment

i can't speak to the before, since i put a leveling kit on my 2018 f150 right away.

it was really smooth with the factory tires. After i upgraded to Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 295 55 20 , the ride is still smooth and pretty quiet.
        what i do notice with the big tires is that it likes to find a line or a groove when the road has slope to it or on highway bends and turns. It wants to follow that line more than i was used to on my other vehicles. it is not extreme, but definitely changed how i drive this truck. now that i am used to it, i love driving this truck. hope you get it figured out

Comment

My 2017 F-150 was terrible on rough roads. I switched stock out with
          Fox 2.0 coilover leveling kit. It rides like my Raptor now on rough roads.

Comment

You could improve the ride with the proper leveling kit. If you buy a spacer kit, no. If you get a kit with replacement springs and shocks, it could improve. Depends on the spring rate and design of the kit.

I’m not sure of the f150 front and rear suspension components. I’m sure it’s IFS. I’m thinking it has s coilover setup possibly?

Comment

Leveling kits won't make the ride better. Actually, with exception to aesthetic reasons, I don't believe they serve much purpose at all.

Actually, the trucks come from the factory not level for a reason.

Comment

Drove my 2015 f150 for 20,000 miles the installed a spacer leveling kit. The ride was definitely not “improved”. Slightly stiffens up the front end for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The few I"ve had seemed the same as before the level

Comment

Both leveled trucks I have had basically ride like factory or possibly a little rougher, but that is likely more to do with the tires being a more aggressive tread than what I had before the level than it is with the actual leveling kit.

Comment

Originally posted by dallred View Post
                      My 2016 F150 super crew wants to "road walk" when traveling on rough surfaces at highway speeds. The front suspension, etc. has been ruled out by multiple trips to different Ford dealerships. I think it is in the rear and could be related to the lighter aluminum body. Anyone else experienced this? I am curious if a front leveling kit could help improve the ride. Thanks...
                      It depends on whether it comes with better shocks than what you have. Unless leveling kits have changed since I last looked at them, they are likely to make your ride WORSE, not better.

Comment

I’d say any level kit will make the “ride” worse, you are extending the a-arms and putting cv shafts at angle not designed.

Comment

Put one on my Tundra and i don't notice any difference

Comment

Levelling kit on my 2006 F-150 made zero difference in the ride.

Comment

put one on my 2016 F150 and the ride definitely went south. Guess the rough country gets its name for a reason. Saving for a full spring level and shocks for my new one

Comment

Working...
                              X