Polaris 450 HO vs Yamaha Kodiak 450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris 450 HO vs Yamaha Kodiak 450

I had a 450 HO and it was an OK machine, should have kept it but needed the funds. Looking to get a new ATV for the lease and came across the yamaha kodiak 450. My polaris did leave me stranded once because of the fuel pump, so I am kind of gun shy on that one. Any one have any experience with the Kodiak 450?

No experience with the kodiak 450 but yamaha 4 wheelers are awesome. I had a grizzly 450 for 5 years and never put it in the shop ot had any issues at all. My father in law now has had it for a year or more and only a battery change

Comment

Yamahas are solid, dont have a 450 but have a 600 for over 15 years and not one single issue other than battery

Comment

Yamaha are best made ( better than Honda imho). Polaris.... are far far far from it. Far... real far

Comment

I had a Kodiak 450. I put it through hell. 25 gal Spray rig mounted on back, loaded it down with sacks of corn front and back, and drove it through lots of east Tx bottoms and clear cuts. Besides one belt, tires, and a battery that is pretty much all I ever did to it.

Was still running good when I sold it.

Comment

Im partial to Hondas but my neighbor has a Yamaha and that machine has been tortured and is a beast and never skips a beat

Comment

I’ve had Honda’s and one Yamaha. The Honda’s were excellent, but the Yamaha was a notch above.

Comment

Yamaha are best made ( better than Honda imho). Polaris.... are far far far from it. Far... real far

Comment

I have a Polaris and haven't had any problems other than being EXTREMELY cold natured with a finicky choke. Won't have another.

Comment

Coming from a mechanic go Yamaha
                    Polaris are great performance-wise just like Sea-Doo watercraft however for brute strength and reliability its Yamaha

Comment

Get the yamaha. Bad to the bone machines. I have my son in laws hogslayer78 450 grizzly. It's bad *** never let him or me down. Had to change battery this past summer but that's all its ever had done. Lots of power

Comment

I had a 2003 Big Bear 400 fro 15 years (recently sold it due to no lease) and it NEVER let me down. I had it in all weather conditions; from Texas Heat to Brutal Michigan Winters plowing snow. Yamaha ATVs are the way to go IMO.. I could take that thing anywhere and always felt confident that I could get where I was going and get back..

Comment

Yamaha or Kawasaki is the only way to go; the BEST!!!

Comment

Everything>Polaris
                            I own a Polaris Ranger. It will be my last Polaris product.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              Everything>Polaris
                              I own a Polaris Ranger. It will be my last Polaris product.
                              I know that feeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X