Hog Hunting in Brazoria county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Hunting in Brazoria county

I have been out of hunting for several years, And I new to archery. My question is can I Bow Hunt hog's during the summer, and if so doe's anyone know any public land around Alvin, Angelton, Sweeny area's. How do you get he public land permit. TPWD ???

Any Help is appreciated

Alton

I'm curious to find out this as well. I'm in the Katy area......not too far of a drive.

Comment

I haven't found anything close to us yet. If you find something let me know. Go to tpwd to get your public land permit or anyplace that sells hunting licenses. I got mine at academy.

Comment

i would say go to the Brazoria Jr. High.... the land is tore up bad by hogs... although the isd might have a lil problem with hunters on there, but ask the school administration.

Comment

I hunt them when the urge hits me. I have a place in Jackson county.

Comment

There are some draw hunts through TPWD on Justin Hurst WMA, and Mad Island WMA. Mad Island I know from a gun hunt has tons of hogs! I don't any other places that are open all the time. Hope that helps!

Comment

I've been on one draw hunt at Brazos Bend. I think I'm the only one who didn't shoot anything! I really would like to find some place where I could hunt them year round. A day lease or year hog lease would be perfect. I went to Matt's Family Orchard once as well. All I saw was a squirrel.

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAN1970 View Post
                I have been out of hunting for several years, And I new to archery. My question is can I Bow Hunt hog's during the summer, and if so doe's anyone know any public land around Alvin, Angelton, Sweeny area's. How do you get he public land permit. TPWD ???

Any Help is appreciated

Alton
                As far as i know there isnt any public hunting areas close to the towns you listed. I live in Brazoria Co. and have hunted here all of my life and there's none that i know of. Bout the only way i know of to hunt here is to find a lease, which for this area is HARD to find! There are the occassional 1 or 2 that pop up but ive only found 1 that i really liked. The rest were really shot out or the rancher wanted to try and put 10 guns on 350 acres and charge 1K for the year. You might try looking at the Huntsville NF.

And, you can get a public hunting permit from any place that sells hunting license. Wally World, Academy, Bass Pro etc. Just ask for the Type 2 public hunting permit. I think they are like $48.

Comment

I tried to find a place and had no luck

Comment

Nothing that I know of south of Houston/Brazoria cty. You can go north of Houston and find quite a few public places.

Comment

i hunt in matagorta county by church hill in wharton on peers state my dad is from pledger texas his name is albert horvath or son let me know if you know him or heard of him

Comment

What about the land between the bay and intercoastal. Like Cow Trap Lake. Not sure of the specifics but there's duck hunters around there. Ya need a boat.
                        Just a thought.

Comment

We hunt maddy also from time to time. Be careful of the snakes!!!

LWR2

Comment

What about the river banks of the rivers in this area?

Comment

Hog info

I live up by lake livingston, and there are numerous public hunting grounds. I picked up my permit from wal-mart the other day and have been scouting around the creek bottoms for some hog sign....everyone I talk to say this place is over-run with them

Comment

Working...
                              X