Christmas Lights Install Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Lights Install Price?

Were thinking about paying someone to put lights on our house this year but were seeing prices are $400+ for a 2 story 2400sq ft house. Is this the going rate? Seems too high.

Anybody recommend a good Christmas light guy around Tomball?

I wouldn't do it it for 400, but I hate hanging Christmas lights.
    By the way I have know Idea on the going rate

Comment

I worked in the industry for almost 10 yrs. for LED the average was $4-$5 per linear foot, potentially more for a 2nd story, depending on the grade of difficulty. Our national average was just a tad under $1,400 for residential install, but that generally included a tree, some shrubs, and greenery, not just roof

Comment

That’s way cheap

Comment

Are you talking about having the lights purchased as well? Is that included? I have mine put up and taken down for $120 on a 2 story 2500 sq ft house

Comment

Originally posted by lilbradford View Post
            Are you talking about having the lights purchased as well? Is that included? I have mine put up and taken down for $120 on a 2 story 2500 sq ft house
            That is about what I was expecting to pay for install labor.

The price we were quoted does include the price of the lights, but I thought they'd cost $100-200 tops. So I guess I was expecting $300ish for purchase/install then $100-150 install the next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post

The price we were quoted does include the price of the lights, but I thought they'd cost $100-200 tops. So I guess I was expecting $300ish for purchase/install then $100-150 install the next year.
              I had 1 quote of $180 and told the guy I could get it done cheaper, then told a second guy what I was quoted and he was surprised that was too high, but he came down to $120. Also depends on how steep your 2 story is and how much real work it’s going to require.

Comment

I had 1 quote of $180 and told the guy I could get it done cheaper, then told a second guy what I was quoted and he was surprised that was too high, but he came down to $120. Also depends on how steep your 2 story is and how much real work it’s going to require.
                Do you think your guy would come to Tomball?

Comment

PM Swampa, I think he has a guy in Tomball

Comment

This is what we paid before, north dallas area

Comment

There is no way in hell I’d set foot on a roof and untangle lights for that $.

Comment

$400 would be a bargain for me and I don't even have a 2 story house, just a looong one, plus I hung over 15,000 lights in trees in my back yard last year and another 7,000 in the front yard... I spent hours on a step ladder puttin' those lights in the trees!! Somebody wants to come out to the house and furnish the labor for $400, come on!! PM me, please!!
                        Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 11-12-2018, 04:48 PM. Reason: fat finger mess ups...

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          There is no way in hell I’d set foot on a roof and untangle lights for that $.
                          I wouldn't either. But I also wouldn't mow a lawn for $30 but someone comes over every week an does it for me. We have a lot of cheap labor in Houston.

Comment

Maybe the guy carries insurance? I'll be ****ed if I let somebody working around/on my roof without insurance. Being cheap can cost you.

Comment

I doubt it. He works mainly in katy.

Comment

Working...
                              X