Tx state longbow championship??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tx state longbow championship??

I’m thinking about trying to make the shoot this year. Does anyone know where I can find a list of rules ? Mainly about bow/riser design and what arrows are allowed.
    Thx !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And wood arrows only.

Comment

One of the best shoots there is come out and have a blast and meet a lot of folks on here

Comment

Yep! It’s one of the top 3 in TX. I don’t do wood arrows much so I always shoot in the selfbow or composite class.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They don’t enforce the “pistol grip” and “center shot” rules. As long as the riser fits the jig they have you are good to go!

Comment

Thx for the info guys!!

Comment

Can a bow quiver be attached to the bow?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Just curious, what's a weighted riser?

Comment

Same as the name riser with weight added either internal or external

Comment

Yep! It’s one of the top 3 in TX. I don’t do wood arrows much so I always shoot in the selfbow or composite class. https://get-shareit.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                            They don’t enforce the “pistol grip” and “center shot” rules. As long as the riser fits the jig they have you are good to go!
                            This is confusing. It is the "TX State LB Championship" with written rules that you don't enforce? Why not rewrite the rules as they are intended and you will enforce. I know there is no lack of participation, but it just seems odd. I know there are people who have a hard time coming to an event with a center shot bow that is really against the written rules. This event is talked about all over the country and I know it is a marque shoot, but when you write a rule, then don't enforce it, and have a committee to judge who's bow is legal and who's isn't, based on ???????? It's very confusing.

Comment

Yes this has kept me away from this shoot! Seems rather than not enforcing existing rules to keep people from being able to participate they would implement an Open Style longbow division to catch everyone who doesn't fit jig or other bow rules! Seems not enforcing existing rules would eventually blow up at some point anyway! JMO!
                              Last edited by ShaBow; 01-03-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X