Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > D-I-Y Projects
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #1
Jenkins8PT
Eight Point
 
Jenkins8PT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Liberty
Hunt In: Marquez TX & Boerne TX
Default Ideas for green kill light mounting

I need to mount a green kill light disk in my back property and wanted to see if anyone has any good ideas using a ammo can for the battery box and how they wired and mounted all of it. I got a pig problem and need to clean it up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jenkins8PT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-16-2018, 01:28 PM   #2
kmack
Four Point
 
kmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Comfort & Leakey
Default

I don't have the light you have, but I'm using the Moultrie Hog Feeder Light mounted on the bottom of my WildGame Innovations feeder. I have it wired directly to the 6V feeder battery which is fed by a 6V solar panel. Works good.

You shouldn't have any problems using an ammo box. Just have to drill some small holes for the wires and such, then seal it all up. Should work good.

The hogs in Comfort don't fuss much about the lights we have set up. Some are green and some are white. No issues, they get used to it.

(btw, if you need some help clearing hogs....my daughter and I would be glad to help! )
kmack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2018, 07:19 PM   #3
sports
Six Point
 
sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Danbury
Hunt In: Quanah
Default

We made a pvc mount for ours... pvc pipe goes straght up than has 2 90 defree fitiings and then a flage. To the flange we cut a round piece of wood and attached it. Then attached the light to thexwood. Wire runs inside the pipe and come out inside the ammo can that holds the battery. We have a solar panel attached to keep the battery charged. The whole set up slides over a t post.
sports is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2018, 09:09 PM   #4
Jenkins8PT
Eight Point
 
Jenkins8PT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Liberty
Hunt In: Marquez TX & Boerne TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports View Post
We made a pvc mount for ours... pvc pipe goes straght up than has 2 90 defree fitiings and then a flage. To the flange we cut a round piece of wood and attached it. Then attached the light to thexwood. Wire runs inside the pipe and come out inside the ammo can that holds the battery. We have a solar panel attached to keep the battery charged. The whole set up slides over a t post.


Any chance you could share a photo or two of it?
Sounds like a great idea


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jenkins8PT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2018, 10:21 PM   #5
Gunnyart
Pope & Young
 
Gunnyart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mansfield, TX
Hunt In: Gouldbusk, TX
Default

If you don’t already have the light Elusive has them in green solar powered and a good mount designed by yours truly to mount to a T post.
Gunnyart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-17-2018, 10:23 PM   #6
Jenkins8PT
Eight Point
 
Jenkins8PT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Liberty
Hunt In: Marquez TX & Boerne TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyart View Post
If you donít already have the light Elusive has them in green solar powered and a good mount designed by yours truly to mount to a T post.


I have the original green disk kill light, I joust donít want to set a feeder up at the moment to have to run it, so I was trying to find alternate options.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jenkins8PT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #7
tiberiuswade
Four Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Default

Hey Jenkins
you need help cleaning up.some hogs, me an an ex army guy.will be happy to lend hand.
I have a green light mounted under feeder with solar panel and plastic ammo box with battery. Work great, so far lasted 2yrs thus far and still going. Thinking of adding 2nd green light to cover wider area

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
tiberiuswade is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #8
KeithTT
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins8PT View Post
I need to mount a green kill light disk in my back property and wanted to see if anyone has any good ideas using a ammo can for the battery box and how they wired and mounted all of it. I got a pig problem and need to clean it up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you had a chance to look into the elusivewildlife Sportsman's feeder light?. the solar panel battery and everything is all built into one and mounts on to any pole T post tree limb Etc. As for the ammo box yes you could drill a hole to run your wire in nuts and bolts to put the light to the bottom and then go Mount the ammo can with a ratchet strap to the side of a tree. use the light directional instead of pointing straight down so to speak. highly recommend checking out the Sportsman light though. $69.99 and you'll never have to mess with batteries or anything again
KeithTT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #9
Jenkins8PT
Eight Point
 
Jenkins8PT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Liberty
Hunt In: Marquez TX & Boerne TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberiuswade View Post
Hey Jenkins
you need help cleaning up.some hogs, me an an ex army guy.will be happy to lend hand.
I have a green light mounted under feeder with solar panel and plastic ammo box with battery. Work great, so far lasted 2yrs thus far and still going. Thinking of adding 2nd green light to cover wider area

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk


I might need a hand. We bought our house 2 weeks ago and we have a lot of deer moving through and I put a camera out and bam pigs started pouring in and Iím not even running a feeder, clock work 3:30 am every night 3-12 come in. Even tho I have a disk kill light to mount to a feeder I purchased 2 wildgame inovations moonshine lights with built in batteries and solar panels. I wanted to stick a few before I put a feeder out. They tore up our back yard pretty good and completely filled up the garden. Ate all the tomatoes and jalapeŮos. Haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jenkins8PT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #10
Jenkins8PT
Eight Point
 
Jenkins8PT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Liberty
Hunt In: Marquez TX & Boerne TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithTT View Post
Have you had a chance to look into the elusivewildlife Sportsman's feeder light?. the solar panel battery and everything is all built into one and mounts on to any pole T post tree limb Etc. As for the ammo box yes you could drill a hole to run your wire in nuts and bolts to put the light to the bottom and then go Mount the ammo can with a ratchet strap to the side of a tree. use the light directional instead of pointing straight down so to speak. highly recommend checking out the Sportsman light though. $69.99 and you'll never have to mess with batteries or anything again


Yes sir I sure did I was just trying to utilize the light I already had. But I ended getting a deal on 2 lights that have built in lithium batteries and solar panels that I can mount to a tree or whatever $40 for both delivered. So Iím going to try this out and see what happens.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jenkins8PT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2018, 09:03 AM   #11
sports
Six Point
 
sports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Danbury
Hunt In: Quanah
Default

They are up at the lease..... i will take some pictures next time we are up.... it will be mid december before we get back.
sports is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com