2018 Select Baseball Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    He's 7. We work at home to the extent that we can, now. Ground balls (footwork), fly balls and long toss. We havn't been hitting because the yard is shrinking. But in a few weeks it's gonna be dark when we get home, he'll have some basketball practice, and we'll be deer hunting on weekends. Just want to keep things fresh in his mind...maybe every other week.

Already have a PM offer, thanks yall.
    I know a guy who’s great with young kids if you’re still looking.

Comment

My 13yr old is playing up to 14u AAA in his org this fall. Boys had a great weekend in the Tara Sawyer tournament. They won both their games Saturday, seeding 5th for bracket play on Sunday. They had to win 3 to get to the ship. Boys battled all day Sunday to get to the championship. Ended up winning it all. Undefeated all weekend. My boy had a strong weekend at bat and is holding his own with these boys! Proud of the way these young men hung in there this weekend!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1F308252-4054-4204-AD82-DE281CAD2532.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	24555333

Comment

Comment

Great job yall! Looks like good stuff to come!

Comment

We're shut down for the fall. What we thought was a muscle strain in the tricep ended up being a fractured growth plate. No baseball or any throwing for at least 6 weeks. We'll probably wait until late January/February just to be safe.

No more Fall Ball for us in the future. It's too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
              We're shut down for the fall. What we thought was a muscle strain in the tricep ended up being a fractured growth plate. No baseball or any throwing for at least 6 weeks. We'll probably wait until late January/February just to be safe.

thats sad to hear, i hope he has a full recovery. he is 13u now, correct?

Comment

Well looks like U trip made some adjustments. They bumped my son’s team up

Comment

ShockValue- Sorry to heat that. We have never done Fall until this year. Once he gets in HS and decides what he wants then let him make the decision on Fall- Fall for Jr year can be big.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    ShockValue- Sorry to heat that. We have never done Fall until this year. Once he gets in HS and decides what he wants then let him make the decision on Fall- Fall for Jr year can be big.
                    thats interesting to hear that you guys never played fall, and yet your son is still a great ballplayer....

we have always played fall and the older they get the more i realize we dont need to.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      thats sad to hear, i hope he has a full recovery. he is 13u now, correct?

Yes 13u.

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Yes. High school would be a different story.

Comment

And it is still a lot on a young kid. My son is grinding it out it looks like until November 11th. He will be ready for a few months off. Probably will not pick up a ball until first of tear

Comment

2018 Select Baseball Fall Season

After a few rainouts, we are finally are getting to play some baseball. Went 2-0 in pool play today and my man hit one over the center field fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by salth2o; 10-06-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                            After a few rainouts, we are finally are getting to play some baseball. Went 2-0 in pool play today and my man hit one over the center field fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Picking up where he left off.. congrats to the ballplayer

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post

Sorry to hear this. I sure hope he makes a full recovery! My son's 13u team has had a ton of injuries lasy spring and already this fall. Some throwing related and some not, but I've never seen so many youngsters with arm trouble. Sure concerns me for my son.

Comment

CWill. If your kid pitches then you set the guidelines. My kid still has a max per weekend - Fall is 70- Also I would have him fastball/changeup only until 15 years old. It your job as a parent to make sure he is protected. Up to you to set the limits. If a coach does go over your limit walk away from the team. It’s hard but nobody cares who wins at 12-14-16 etc after the season is over
                                Last edited by glen; 10-06-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X