Arrow Flight question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Flight question

I am having some issues getting my Lightspeed 340's to hit consistant. My Gold Tip X cutters hit fine. But the 340's with 100 grain tips seem a little eratic. I am shooting a Conquest 3 about 67 lbs 30" draw. On the 340's I am using the small duravanes and on the Gold tips they are the quick spins. any help is appreciated.

You are kidding right? First off, the X cutters are spined at 250, and the lightspeeds are obviously a 340 spine. OD of the 2 is different and that will make it sit in the rest differently, and not have the same nock travel either. The vanes are more than likely not the problem here, the arrow spine is. Are these 2 shafts the same length, and have the same tip weight? Try turning your bow down to about 63 pounds and shoot the litespeeds, and they should tighten up, and the X cutters should start throwing right indicating an over spine condition.

Comment

Thanks glen! Are you busting my chops? If so I will have to kick you out of the three wolf club! I did not know what the x cutters spine were. I couldn't find it nowhere.

Comment

Working...
      X