Seekin Wisdom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seekin Wisdom...

Hey guys, I got a bow from a friends dad to learn on and I think its time to adjust the sights. He told me it may be a little off when he gave it to me but said not to worry about it until i started shootin tight groups. Well, I got the grouping down and I have NO idea where to start on this. Its a PSE Polaris with a three pin sight on it. Thanks guys.

move your pins to the group. shooting high move pin up, shooting low move pin down and so forth

Comment

Ok, Im about 2" low and 3" to the left at 30 yrds, How much pin movement does it take. Is it pretty tiny?

Comment

Move your pins down and to the left, not much until you are in the center. Doesn't take much movement.

Comment

Awesome, Thanks a ton guys. I think Im slowly gettin addicted to this bow thing. Ill probably be riding down to Bownanza with him this year.

Comment

Well, While Im here, I also added a string loop about a month ago and it kinda freaks me out. Do you have to worry about retying these every so often or are worry free? I just see me drawing back one day and it comin loose and me ending up with a black eye or somethin.

Comment

If they are tied right, then just look for wear. but that is coming from someone tht has never tied a loop on a bow, never shot a bow with a loop and probably never will, at least on my own bow. don't see the need for one.

Comment

Easy enough, Im not sure of the point either but I seem to like the feel of it alot better for some reason. Thanks for all the info guys, Im sure theres more questions to come.

Comment

welcome to the addiction

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbucker View Post
                    welcome to the addiction
                    Yeah and I thought fishin was expensive...lots of beans and cornbread in my future if I pick this up too.

Comment

YOu are just now touching the edge of the envelope. DO NOT and I mean DO NOT ever add up all you spend on this sport, it could possibly give you a heart attack! If you ever do this, never ever show to your parents, girlfriend or wife. As some say, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Welcome to the addiction.

Comment

If the loop comes apart don't worry about a black eye, it usually knocks teeth out!!lol
                        Very important if you are the one that tied the knot on the loop to burn the ends into a ball, that will keep it from pulling through. BTW, burn the ball off the string, or you will be replacing the string soon, very soon!! Welcome the habit, and have fun.

Comment

HAHAHA, wonderul news...Well when I did it I melted em and flattened em out so I should be good. Thanks again.

Comment

did you start at 10yds adjust tight groups, then 20yds adjust for tight groups, then go to 30yds for tight groups? or only adjust at 30yds?

Comment

I soak my loops in water, for the stretch, tie a knot and burn that end, then tie the d-loop to size cut the excess , burn the end, then get a pair of needle-nose pliers and slip in the pliers and open up stretch the loop and then I am done.

Comment

Working...
                              X