Dick’s Sporting Goods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
    I don't have any AR and I dont really like them but I still dont believe in banning any firearm.It's completely ineffective in preventing any mass murders.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
    Yes, but you think logically, not emotionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Hocks & horns View Post
      That's funny!
      Do you need a 30 round clip to kill an animal? If so you might want to learn how to shoot better. I own an ar but I don't think it's practical for hunting. I thought it would be good to kill pigs, but it's not better than my bolt action.
      I don't buy guns from Dicks and I don't hold it against them for not wanting to sell ar's.
      I'd be just fine if we didn't have ar's, violent video games or social media.
      I'm not saying ban any guns! If the dem's get one they will probably go after all of them.
      The last sentence is the only one I cared to read. No offense. Thats just my opinion as well....I like 30 rd clips! Thats a fact that is not for you to question. Thats the thing! If you ban a 30 rd clip. Someone will just reload sooner. Then the arguement by LIBTARDS would be to ban the next magazine size when the dust settles about this one and every one forgets! Like you said, They will go after the next agenda they dream up to save us all. We as a collective group dont need to go soft on the matter. If you give a little they'll expect more. Trump right now is trying to come to a common ground atleast a little and the first thing Schumer says is that they want all or none! OK NONE Then

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
        I don't get it. When people are killed in a drunk driving accident we blame the drunk driver. When people are killed in a bombing we blame the bomber. But when there is a shooting, we blame the gun?

This is the same mentality as banning large sodas because some people are fat. Blame the object not the person.

My spoon made me fat!

Comment

That's funny!

Do you need a 30 round clip to kill an animal? If so you might want to learn how to shoot better. I own an ar but I don't think it's practical for hunting. I thought it would be good to kill pigs, but it's not better than my bolt action.

I don't buy guns from Dicks and I don't hold it against them for not wanting to sell ar's.

I'm not saying ban any guns! If the dem's get one they will probably go after all of them.

When the 2nd amendment was written we as a nation had just finished shooting the British. It has nothing to do with your ability to kill pigs. It is there so you have the ability to shoot at enemies of this nation both foreign and domestic. That is the purpose of it you really think the founders cared about your ability to kill a deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been to one in North Austin a handful of times. Frankly, in my opinion, not worth going back to.

Comment

Hey just gives me more reason to buy from the local shops instead of the big stores.... They just lots all my business.

Comment

Im a little worried that people are still calling them “clips” i stead of magazines lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know why everyone is getting their panties in a wad, who cares. I actually commend them in stating their feelings and with the chance of loosing customers go ahead with what they perceive as what's best for the public. I may not agree with them but it is their right and even though I have never been one of their stores it's not going to keep me from going in one if I feel the need.

Comment

They have been irrelevant to me since they bought out the previous company and immediately stopped selling handguns.

If they are going to cave to political pressure they may as well get out of the guns and outdoors side of things all together.

Bunch of cowards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      They have been irrelevant to me since they bought out the previous company and immediately stopped selling handguns.

If they are going to cave to political pressure they may as well get out of the guns and outdoors side of things all together.

Bunch of cowards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Yep! They can compete against Sports Authority............oh wait!

Comment

Dicks is also a big name on the Bassmaster elite series. I wonder how this is going to go over with them ?

Comment

[ATTACH]898779[/ATTACH]

Comment

I guess they're going to have to get rid of all their shotguns and any other rifles that aren't black and scary looking.
                            Last edited by Etxbuckman; 02-28-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

That's funny!
                              sorry to offend , I two have several levers and bolts at 54years old I grew up with them and yes they are my preferred hunting guns, except hunting predators / hogs . I use the evil AR15 with a 5rd msg in most cases it fits flush and is lightweight as is the rifle witch is one of the reasons they are used to hunt with. climbing trees is easy with a lightweight rifle , adjustable stock is easy to transport on atv`s and easy for wife\kids to shoot . I can mount a light, gopro camera ,nightvision,reddot,longrange scope, and open sights on it and change from one to another in a matter of seconds. the evil AR platform can be in the widest range of calibers than any outher rifle that I know of and with a 5rd mag its no different than my browning BAR 243 or my Remington 742 in 6mm. its LABELED and BRANDED becauce of scumbags and liberals who know hardly anything about firarms . what abotut the ruger mini 14 the , keltech carbine,H&K rifles and so many more ? never hear squat about them !! the real problems are never addressed and the punishment never fits the crime. video games and Hollywood who make billions off of the missuse of firearms is a big part of the problem as well political $$ and mental health . but these things are never acted on . its to easy to blame the tool the scumbags use !! and in the end we the good people are paying the price. rant over now sorry to have offended you guys.

Comment

I did some quick research, AR style weapons have been used in 13 of the 48 mass shootings since 2004, prior to that they were rarely used. The only one I can think of prior to that was the bank shootout in California. They say they have no idea how many AR type weapons are out there but best guess by the report I read is over 5 million.
                                Once ARs are banned they will come after the rest. I'm not really for or against ARs but we will not be able to put the genie back in the bottle if this happens. The next time someone uses a semi auto pistol those will be next and that I don't doubt at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X