Slow Drivers Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Honestly I'm usually with 5mph of the speed limit. It is aggravating how other drivers do sometimes but life is too short to get stressed over stuff like that. The speed limit at 75mph on the highways is enough. Past that my gas mileage suffers anyhow.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
    All joking aside I'm usually +/- 5mph of the speed limit also. I try to get over when I can. But when someone jets up on my bumper giving me no time to get over I don't freak out and try to go faster trying to get out of their way. Those are the morons causing most of the wrecks.

On a side note. My favorite is the jack wagon that changes lanes 35 times trying to get one car length ahead with each lane change going down 183 (or any big road with lots of traffic lights and traffic). They never get more than a minute ahead of anyone else but yet they seem to not ever figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Funny how attitudes change as you age. I'm more than happy to move over and let you by even if I'm driving the posted speed limit. Like my dad used to say. "I'd rather have that fool in front of me instead of behind me."
      Dang good point! I have the same attitude. You want by, get by, and get away from me....

Originally posted by the marshall View Post
      Always looking for a new point man myself
      Haha great way to put it. Point man is the first one to take a bullet!

Comment

Originally posted by DNTRanch View Post
        These threads just crack me up with MEN (lightly used term) thinking they need to get there 5 min. faster I like to just tap the brakes and get all worked up

See I do the opposite. I just move over. I tell myself maybe they have a real life emergency where 5 minutes does absolutely matter. Are most people that come up on your bumper just impatient jerks? Probably, but I would hate for someone to miss saying goodbye to a loved one or something like that just so I could see them “get all worked up”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This all comes down to common courtesy. I haul butt around. I stick in the far right lane as much as possible. I try to give people room when approaching them. I rarely get passed, however I am always cruising in the far right lane. If everyone would do their best to stay in far right lane, it would be remarkable how much easier it would be for everyone. Also, when going to pass someone, PASS them. Don't be afraid to give it a little throttle to get around.

Speed limits are archaic. They were designed around cars from the 60s & 70s. Those cars are total junk and not designed for high speeds. (I own one. I do NOT like to cruise at 75 in it). However, 2 of my road trip vehicles can cruise well at a high rate of speed NO PROBLEM. It helps they are german

Comment

This type of thread makes me laugh.
            The way I see it the main problem is that some people are to lazy to get up early enough to get to their destination on time without breaking the law. Someone driving the legal speed or slightly over that is passing a vehicle or group of vehicles should only be required to move over for emergency vehicles not someone that doesn’t know how to schedule their time or has disregard of the law.

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
              The way I see it the main problem is that some people are to lazy to get up early enough to get to their destination on time without breaking the law. Someone driving the legal speed or slightly over that is passing a vehicle or group of vehicles should only be required to move over for emergency vehicles not someone that doesn’t know how to schedule their time or has disregard of the law.
              What about people that simply just drive faster then the norm and it has nothing to do with leaving late?

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                Boom goes the Dynamite!
                I'll see your "all vehicles keep to the right except to pass" sign and raise you this x1000. How about we all keep track of how many of each signs we see on our commutes today?

I guarantee you 10x more accidents happen because of speeders rather than people who don't go out of their way so other people can break the law.

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
                  I have a problem and I need help!! I’m early everywhere I go, religiously. There are days I MAKE myself leave even earlier so I can take my time and go the speed limit wherever I’m headed. It never fails though, I look down and I’m going 90 without even knowing it. At that point I give up and go back to my old ways!!

Atleast I’m trying!! LOL

Comment

I'll pass you on the shoulder too.

Which is why I throw my Dr pepper can at you as I go by.

I jest. Honestly once your slow *** is out of the way I never look back.

Honestly I'm usually with 5mph of the speed limit. It is aggravating how other drivers do sometimes but life is too short to get stressed over stuff like that. The speed limit at 75mph on the highways is enough. Past that my gas mileage suffers anyhow.

I wait for an on ramp.

You're all over the place, whats it gonna be? Full blown road rage or avoid stressing the small stuff?

Comment

This thread does show who those people are that want to teach someone a lesson by driving the exact speed limit in the left lane. You are not the police if you want to be a traffic enforcer go join the state patrol or local law enforcement agency. In Germany if you were hit from behind in the left lane it was your fault. People would flash lights from a quarter of a mile away to let you know there coming. Just as people complain about speeders the ones that purposely sit in the left lane are the real jackwagons. Just move over, it's not that big of a deal.

Comment

Well when you have 2 trucks running 65 in a 75, see it on I20 out to Abilene often, it's just easier to go around them.

Comment

At the end of the day, if I am passing a car do not fly up on my *** and I will move over for you when all is clear. If you fly up on my bumper like an *** hole, trying to intimidate me, then it typically doesn't go your way.
                          Last edited by JLivi1224; 01-11-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Here’s a novel idea. If you don’t have enough room/time to pass without impeding traffic, DON’T PASS. Regardless of speed. Be neighborly and wait until the left lane is clear. Like others have said, it’s not your job to ensure everyone is going the speed limit.

Comment

And I don't have road rage. I just turn on some music and relax. I run 35,000 plus miles a year. You can't get upset and do crazy stuff or bad stuff will happen. However when the semi trucks decide they are gonna be jerks and control traffic an on ramp is just like a passing lane. You also have to consider older folks sometimes adjust their speed back because of the changes age bring. They still have a right to travel. And they don't deserve to be abused by Jack wagons. I played around some on this thread but I also know things develop fast. Like a deer in the road or a retread in your lane. My family may not like me being gone so much but they do like me to make it home safe.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                                Here’s a novel idea. If you don’t have enough room/time to pass without impeding traffic, DON’T PASS. Regardless of speed. Be neighborly and wait until the left lane is clear. Like others have said, it’s not your job to ensure everyone is going the speed limit.
                                I don't care if you're speeding by 10 or 50. If you don't run up on me, I'll get over.

Comment

Working...
                                X