Covert 2g att wireless cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert 2g att wireless cams

I have two covert wireless cams that are 2 g and on ATT plan. I swapped out a new SIM card today and they still won't log in. Are they just a regular trail cam now or is there a way to make them work on the 3G system? I know ATT quit using 2g phones about 2 months ago.

Does anyone have any of the covert black oops from about 3-4 yrs ago that still work?

I have one that isn't working. It will send a pic manually but not sending pics on its own

Comment

Mine is working as of this am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

trade it in for a new model....$50 or 75

Comment

I traded in my 2G for a 2016, but they charged me $200

Comment

I will check into trading them in. I'm pretty sure the one I have in the field is also a 2g but still sending pics. I'm going to double check this weekend.

Comment

Att sent me a letter that said the cameras will work until Dec, 31st. Mine is still working.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                trade it in for a new model....$50 or 75
                what manufacturer will do that??

Comment

the 2G service ends at the end of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
                    what manufacturer will do that??
                    Covert

Comment

How can you tell if your camera is a 2g?

Comment

I suggest trading it in , I have a 2016 and love it. It was worth every penny. You no longer have to have a contract with AT&T. You pay Covert direct now.

Comment

I've been posting this elsewhere too but in case you did't catch it...

Anyone who bought the Snyper Commander from James at the TTHA shows they will only work in cellular mode as mentioned until Dec 31 on AT&T. (they will continue to work via D card as a normal camera after that.)

However, T-Mobil claims they will work on their network until 2020.

Also, James has said any current customer interested in trading their's in for his new 3g camera when they become available will be able to pick them up at a greatly reduced cost. They are still in testing and he doesn't have the cost nailed down yet.

I'll continue to pass on what I know when I know it.

Comment

I have one of these too. Covert wanted to sell me a new one for $300 plus I had to pay to send the old one back which was $20. Am I wrong to think that's not a good deal? I paid top dollar for this camera and it only lasted 3 years? I'm not very happy with covert right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                              I have one of these too. Covert wanted to sell me a new one for $300 plus I had to pay to send the old one back which was $20. Am I wrong to think that's not a good deal? I paid top dollar for this camera and it only lasted 3 years? I'm not very happy with covert right now.
                              To get 3 years from a camera is pretty good IMO!

But also I would think they could sell you a new one cheaper. I bought all my 2016 Coverts under $290

Comment

Working...
                              X