Local flooding in SJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local flooding in SJ

They've evacuated 14,000 people in the flood zone of the Coyote Creek east of downtown San Jose. Yesterday they had to evacuate people farther south, and the news showed some evacuations of horses in their stables.

The cause is the large Anderson reservoir filled and water is coming over the spillway, overloading the Coyote Creek, then a levee broke yesterday and flooded Hwy 101.

We're dry and about 8 miles south of the craziness.

Yoyo's are spending $100 billion on a high speed rail instead.

Stay dry!

μολν λαβ

Priorities! Hope everyone listens and evacuates.

Comment

Lot of flood and mud slide damage going on in Cali, stay safe out there Bill.

Comment

Y'all have had enough out there. Stay safe!

Comment

prayers sent brother

Comment

Prayers for all down stream.

Comment

We're dry, others not so lucky.

Why Coyote Creek flooded is the question, one opinion is there were so many homeless living in encampments in that area, the rising water washed all their stuff including tents, mattresses, chairs, tarps which created a clog and it overflowed.

Ski resorts in Tahoe are saying they will be open the 4th of July weekend with enough snow to ski.

μολν λαβ

Comment

You know what they say about drought busters.

Comment

Not good

Comment

They're letting people return in one area. The pictures of the flood damage to homes are tragic.

They're still scratching their heads concerning why it flooded with the water flow it had.

I don't know anybody affected.

μολν λαβ

Comment

Did everything calm down with the dam issue y'all were having?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Local flooding in SJ

Yes. They dumped water out of the main spillway at high volumes to drop the lake level 50 feet, and are fixing the cavity in the spillway. It's amazing to see pictures of the lines of cement trucks bringing it in, and all the boulders.

Down river, the Feather feeds into the Sac which is flooding farms and ag land- but that's normal in wet winters. I've hinted the Sac at flood stage with my son, and driven through roads in the flooding rice fields going duck hunting in the great federal and state refuges in the Pacific flyway.

μολν λαβ

Comment

Just checked on my brother in law in Campbell. REally hated to see the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                            Yes. They dumped water out of the main spillway at high volumes to drop the lake level 50 feet, and are fixing the cavity in the spillway. It's amazing to see pictures of the lines of cement trucks bringing it in, and all the boulders.

Down river, the Feather feeds into the Sac which is flooding farms and ag land- but that's normal in wet winters. I've hinted the Sac at flood stage with my son, and driven through roads in the flooding rice fields going duck hunting in the great federal and state refuges in the Pacific flyway.

μολν λαβ
                            Good to hear

Comment

Now the finger pointing is started.

Water District claims it notified the city at 3am. City denies the notification said definite flood.

The guys in suits and Mercedes are probably swooping in for a class action lawsuit.

My wife has a co-worker impacted, they're doing a fund raiser at work to help her defray expenses like staying in a hotel.

μολν λαβ

Comment

Working...
                              X