Costa Rica Honeymoon Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Rica Honeymoon Pics

Was fortunate enough to spend the last week getting married any honeymooning in Costa Rica. We stayed at an amazing place in Uvita, Costa Rica and my wonderful bride tolerated me dragging my camera where I could.

Whales Tail in Uvita, Costa Rica by Jimmy Juhl, on Flickr

This was taken from our balcony while we were at dinner. Set it and left it for about 90 minutes...taken in almost pitch black. The whale tale is a natural formation you can see twice a day at low tide...pretty amazing.

Whale Tail Beach at Low Tide - Uvita, Costa Rica by Jimmy Juhl, on Flickr

I was the idiot that stuck a tripod in his luggage and some ND filters...pain to travel with but always glad when I bring it.

CostaRica-11 by Jimmy Juhl, on Flickr

Sunset over the infinity pool on our last night.

CostaRica-13 by Jimmy Juhl, on Flickr

CostaRica-17 by Jimmy Juhl, on Flickr

This is a banana spider (I think) and her mate...apparently really poisonous. Thank God for teleconverters.

CostaRica-7 by Jimmy Juhl, on Flickr

Those r awesome captions sir.

Comment

What filters do you use? Amazing photos!

Comment

Amazing!!! If I didn't already want to go on vacation this certainly put me over the edge! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Erin View Post
          Amazing!!! If I didn't already want to go on vacation this certainly put me over the edge! Congrats!
          Costa Rica next?

Comment

I know where you stayed.....Oxygen?

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
              What filters do you use? Amazing photos!
              Thank you. Only picture I used filters for was the beach picture where the water is blurred a bit. Just bought a 4 pack of the Tiffen (1-4 stop) Neutral density filters. If I need more than 4 stops I usually stack them.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                I know where you stayed.....Oxygen?
                You were very close! We stayed at Kura Design Villas which is right down the road from Oxygen. To say the place was amazing would be an understatement. Service was off the chart.

Comment

I've stayed at that same place when I was about 17!

Comment

Originally posted by Closetohome View Post
                    You were very close! We stayed at Kura Design Villas which is right down the road from Oxygen. To say the place was amazing would be an understatement. Service was off the chart.
                    Same as ours, we had the most amazing service and food I have ever eaten. Most was grown there also. We honeymooned at oxygen. One of the coolest excursions I have ever went on was there. we took an ATV ride through the rainforest. it was just us and the guide, which is cool by itself, but he asked if we mind him stopping by his friends farm. me being a horticulturist I said absolutely. so me and this old farmer man went around his farm and talked about the different techniques and looked at his produce. he gave me and my wife handfuls of fruit and would let us pay him for it. it was amazing.
                    Last edited by tbeak; 02-29-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

was it hot ?
                      im looking for a place in April?
                      did you make to the beach?

Comment

Awesome pictures

Comment

Great photos and congratulations on the marriage!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                            was it hot ?
                            im looking for a place in April?
                            did you make to the beach?
                            It was low 90s and humid...probably 75 in the mornings. It wasn't perfect but it was bearable.

We did make it to the beach (see above picture). It was really nice and water was perfect.

Comment

Great pics! Costa Rica is one of my favorite vacations.
                              Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                              Costa Rica next?
                              Highly recommend! Good for couples, but would also be awesome when both kids are old enough for zip lining. Because a canopy tour among the howler monkeys and toucans is an adventure they'd talk about for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X