Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Game Observation Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Observation Log

Any particular logs or forms you would recommend or currently use? also link to where i can download a form.

Thanks

No help. But for me this year, all I have needed is a blank piece of paper and my log is all filled out.

Comment

I created one in Excel. Don't think I can share the file but here's a screenshot for reference:
      Attached Files

Comment

nice, i'm the process in creating one. we get some exotics in too so i'm gonna include some of that. as well as hog and turkey. i'll share if anyone is interested once i'm done

Comment

I made ours in excel like the above you can add pictures in it too of what needs removing or what needs to be kept. I have 15 large binders filled with info now. 5 more years and I'll run the statistical analysis on 20yrs of data.

Comment

Im gonna start doing this. I have a few buddies im going to collaborate with. I put a form online we can fill out then i throw it into excel. I realize this si from last year but if anyone is interested in doing so I have found on Weatherunderground you can copy and paste previous weather data quick

Comment

I was talking with the state biologist for Houston County and made a comment about keeping track of what we see.

This is what he sent me

Comment

Forms

Originally posted by TXhunter77 View Post
                I was talking with the state biologist for Houston County and made a comment about keeping track of what we see.

This is what he sent me

This is what we used for MLD3.

Comment

Actually, that is our harvest form. TP&W has an observation form, too that we used.

Comment

Good to know. Does seem like you would have to ground check them to use that lol.
                    I appreciate any ideas of what yall use. I have always said I was going to but never have. For me personally knowing I can look up, copy and paste, quickly the old weather data is a big help

Comment

Originally posted by bbuck8 View Post
                      Actually, that is our harvest form. TP&W has an observation form, too that we used.
                      I caught that after I posted...the observation one looks like this

Comment

Ok cool. Thanks. I like that they have the spikes separated. Im putting everything in excel and I will be sharing and compiling with some friends. There are some hurdles but Im excited about it. Im thinking it will be most telling as far as deer movement. Right now we have some notes set up if you see a nice deer or want to detail a buck. But as far as searching the spreadsheet I dont know how that would help. We have talked about playing with a formula that would assign some kind of score. As in a spike -1 point 4-6 - 2 point eyc. But not sure yet. Right now we just have a total for doe, a total for bucks and a total together

Comment

Working...
                        X