GW Flanagan or Bob Steele Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GW Flanagan or Bob Steele Bows

Does anyone know anything about these? In my research for an upgrade, I've run across their names. One of them may only be about 30 minutes from where I'm at.

Thanks,
    Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard G W no longer builds bows and never heard of Bob Steele

Comment

Is Elk Hoof Archery the same as Bob Steele ?

Comment

I believe that Bob makes the Elk Hoof bows.

Comment

GW has indeed retired from the bow making business, but I've seen several of his bows floating around on Facebook pages the last few months for sale/trade. You may check Oklahoma Traditional Archery group or Stratford Sportsman Club facebook pages, they will have a few on them for sale. Saw a few really nice ones at McAlester shoot last weekend that were worth the money.
          I've had a couple bows from Bob as well several years ago when I first got started in trad archery. Its been a long time since I've seen him, and was unaware if he is still building bows anymore. Both bows I had didn't shoot too bad, but lots of other good bowyers around the state too. Guy named Warren Pruitt from Stratford area is building some exceptional bows right now that are super fast and all around good shooters.

Comment

I picked up a Flanagan bow in a trade recently. I do not shoot that style grip very well so I am looking to move it. It is the one on Ebay. If you are interested just get in touch on here.

Comment

That is a beautiful bow you have there. I'm more in the research stage now and won't be ready to drop any money until after season. Good luck with your sell.

Comment

It doesn't look like it is going anywhere too soon, Skooter. Check back when you are ready. But most of all, find the bow that is best for you. It is sometimes pretty hard to find a bow that just fits right. I have found that I do best with bows that have a little Bitteroot Heritage. i.e. Robertson, Dale Dye, Brackenbury, Blacktail, Shafer, and Heritage. I think that the bowyers from a certain region probably shared ideas and had a pretty common customer base, and the bows that they produced have some things in common. That is my theory anyway and it seems to be working for me. I don't let the age of a bow scare me off either. It is nice to have the latest and greatest in limb lams and layup, but in all honestly I am not a good enough shot to need top of the heap equipment. I bought a 1974 Howatt Super Diablo for a couple of hundred dollars that is a joy to shoot and keeps up with the newer customs. Come to think of it, it came out of the northwest also.

Comment

Working...
                X