No announcement yet.

Remedy/Diesel timeframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a 20 gallon tank on my 4 wheeler with a hand sprayer. You can do a lot of hand spraying with 20 gallons with a small pump. I sprayed over a mile of fence line with it and still had over 10 gallons left over. I'm guessing that since they don't recommend spraying to a run off level with the basal method that you could spray a lot of trees with 20 gallons of mixture.

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
      I use a 20 gallon tank on my 4 wheeler with a hand sprayer. You can do a lot of hand spraying with 20 gallons with a small pump. I sprayed over a mile of fence line with it and still had over 10 gallons left over. I'm guessing that since they don't recommend spraying to a run off level with the basal method that you could spray a lot of trees with 20 gallons of mixture.
      Agreed. When I responded to Longhorn, I thought he was referring to pasture spraying. I use my small sprayer to spot spray certain weeds or cactus and it lasts longer than my beer does.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. I think I will get the biggest tank possible and give it a shot.

Comment

I was told last week by the nscr to use water instead of diesel if you are going to use the leaf spray method. She said the diesel will kill the leaves before the remedy soaks in good. I am doing to I do it that way this fall on my huisache.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
            I was told last week by the nscr to use water instead of diesel if you are going to use the leaf spray method. She said the diesel will kill the leaves before the remedy soaks in good. I am doing to I do it that way this fall on my huisache.
            Yes use water for leaf spray......diesel for basal spray.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              Yes use water for leaf spray......diesel for basal spray.
              Agreed.😀

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                I'm glad I came back and reread this thread. That is great information right there. And cheaper too!

I utilized the whack-and-hack method with basal spray this weekend on numerous sweetgums and yaupons. I hate those things and hope they burn in hell

Comment

Working...
                X