Balcones Canyonlands NWR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balcones Canyonlands NWR

Anybody ever hunt here with any success? I missed the deadline for applying this year, but thinking of giving it a try for next year.

About six years ago. i shot a doe. my father inlaw got a hog. i did see a few more deer. the weather was bad. i was unable to get in the day before to scout or get some corn out. i just the wind right and started stalking

Comment

Originally posted by BowmanSJ View Post
      Anybody ever hunt here with any success? I missed the deadline for applying this year, but thinking of giving it a try for next year.
      Are you going out there this year? I was thinking of going too, have you heard any info on the deer out there?

Comment

I just checked the website and it looks like the deadline to apply online is Sept. 12. I didn't even know this thing existed. I will definitely apply as I basically live right next to it. Could easily do some weekday morning hunts, or even hunts after work if I can get off a little early.

Comment

or not... just looked at the regs and there are assigned hunt weekends. Was thinking this was like Granger and open all season. Shucks!

Will probably still apply though. Can't hurt to have more hunting options.

Comment

man this about scared me, i havent done my app yet online then saw that teh deadline passed!!! i knew it was sept somthing but was double guessing my self. lol im putting in for it this year, my first year applying.

Comment

Comment

Comment

6 sorry getting posts so I can PM

Comment

Comment

There are a lot of tags drawn for this hunt. I was drawn for Dec 6th this year. I will post on here after the hunt on how things went. From reading tons of other threads, it looks like a lot of the people who draw permits do not even attend the hunt.

Comment

Working...
                      X