Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any reasons NOT to build a 260 Rem for my daughter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a great round! Build with confidence.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Great looking rifle! I’m sure your daughter will love it.

Buy her plenty of the ammo it likes and she will be good for years to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very nice.
        .260 would be my personal choice If I Decided to go short action .264 caliber for any reason.
        Very nice setup, she looks pleased with it as well.

Comment

Nice work Dad!!

Comment

Now to find some 130gr nosler accubonds and that young lady is set to kill.

Comment

Nice gun
              Last edited by snipermedic; 12-25-2021, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Just saw this thread. If you're still looking at reduced loads the 120BT at 2650 fps has proven to be very effective out of my 6.5x55 pistol.

Merry Christmas, waiting on the rest of the family to wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                  I built a rifle in 7mm-08 for my oldest daughter, and I bought a 270 CDL for my son. My middle child is due her gun, now. She has a Rem SPS in 243. I would use the action off of that gun build one like I did for my older daughter. I am thinking about doing a 260 Remington. She is full grown, at 18 years old. She used the 243 with reduced loads as a child. I think of her as recoil sensitive, otherwise I would just build another 7mm-08.
                  I can load the 260 down and use 120 grain bullets and still be ahead of the 243.
                  Man one thing I did for my kiddos that has been a game changer is carrying a Bogpod death grip into the stand with us. My 9 YO and wife shoot my APR 300 WM with a muzzle brake very well. My 11 YO daughter shoots my 7 mag out of the bogpod with no problems.

I say build the 260 and add something like the bogpod if needed to help her out… I was thinking of going to the 6.5 PRC for them but not 100%. Good luck with the build

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    Now to find some 130gr nosler accubonds and that young lady is set to kill.
                    I have some 120 Gold Dots (bonded), some 129 Hornady SSTs and some 143 ELDX. We'll figger something out.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                      I agree with this.

also, get a can for it. kids are most sensitive to sound. a muzzlebrake won't help on that end.
                      100%. My daughter loves her .243 otherwise she would have a 6.5 creedmore with a can. I threaded her .243 instead.

Beautiful rifle. Great job, dad!
                      Last edited by Big pig; 12-29-2021, 08:42 AM.

Comment

i never regretted buying my 260.. it shoots pretty dang good .. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RPzh6HescI&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnablo"]Ruger Precision rifle shooting to 700 yards - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                          Silly question that may have already been answered but I didn’t read all the comments. If she shoots a .243 and likes the .243 why not just stick with a .243?
                          This^^

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
                            This^^
                            243 usually shoots 80 to 100 gr bullets .. 260 is happy between 120 and 143's .. referring to standard twist barrel and standard ammo .. you can custom twist and custom load about anything ...

while i love my 243 , 260 may with the right bullet have better performance on different size (larger) animals ..

with that said , i have both and like both .. but giving the factory twist of my 243 , my 260 blows it away at longer ranges ...

within 200 yards , i still use my 243 and it's devastating!

Comment

Working...
                            X