Aluminum Arrows 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum Arrows 2016

Found some 2016 aluminum shafts lying around and after doing some research I have found that they are around .500 spine. I am wondering if I fetch these up will they would work shooting out of my Sarrels bobbcatt. Let me know what you guys think: Is it worth fetching them or not?

Here are the specs:
    Sarrels Bobbcatt T/D 62"
    47# @ 28"
    My DL is 29.75 and I am pulling close to 51 pounds with this setup.

Yes, they will work, provided you get the length and tip weight correct.

Bisch

Comment

Alrighty, they are 31.5" so I'll get them fletched then buy some inserts and start playing with different weight field points. I'm curious as to how they'll differ from my carbon shafts. Thanks a lot Bisch!

Comment

If you are shooting 51#, there is a chance that you may not be able to get the length right without them being too short. I would start with them full length and with standard aluminum inserts and go from there. Aluminim shafts are inherently heavy so total arrow weight should not be a problem.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          If you are shooting 51#, there is a chance that you may not be able to get the length right without them being too short. I would start with them full length and with standard aluminum inserts and go from there. Aluminim shafts are inherently heavy so total arrow weight should not be a problem.

Bisch
          Thanks again for the info. I'll see what transpires.

Comment

It's not always comparable in spine between aluminum and carbon. 2016's at 61# in spine at 28" of draw. Go from there.

Comment

Working...
            X