Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-25-2018, 06:20 PM   #1
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Usually from a tree
Question Need a New Ford Dealership

I typically buy a few work trucks a year. Probably average about 8 per year. Some years more, some years less. Some are XL and some are Lariat. Some are F150 and some are F250...a few F350-F550 over the years. I've been a loyal customer to the same Ford store for many years. I don't shop price. I don't compare prices. I call and tell them what I want and I expect to get a fair price and I expect great service. I'm familiar and friendly with the sales manager, the service manager and the owner himself. I'm loyal.

Recently, my Ford store decided to expand their parking area. Well, I'm a contractor that does earthwork, utilities and concrete. I literally build parking lots everyday. They know this. Right up my alley, right? Except I don't get a phone call. I don't get a set of plans to look over. Nothing. I got a call from someone that works there that I should call and see if I could bid it. I went through the process only to learn that the job had been awarded BEFORE I even looked at it.

I work in a tough, cut-throat industry. I'm a tough competitor myself. I'm not afraid of competition because it keeps us sharp. However, I'm VERY loyal to my suppliers and vendors. I'm honest to a fault and I expect the same in return. They were under no obligation to let me do their project, but I'm under no obligation to buy all my trucks there either. It's simply time to part ways. I hope their local-yokel contractor turns out to be a good customer for them. I ain't bitter, but I am vengeful.

So, whattaya got? Recommend me a Ford house that wouldn't mind some new business. No fancy showroom places. No Planet Fords or Megaplex AutoTowns. I'm looking for good ole boys that want to sell trucks. For service reasons it needs to be within 100miles of Houston.
curtintex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McCullouch County

I won't buy another Ford from anyone other than Ennis Ford. We've bought about 20 new Fords from them and they get all of our service business and they meet all of your requirements except the 100 miles... still throwing it out there just to make a grumpy semi-old fart even grumpier!

But seriously, I couldn't be happier with their sales team and service department. If you change your 100 mile requirement, let me know and I can put you in touch with the GM.
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 06:34 PM   #3
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejenn View Post
I won't buy another Ford from anyone other than Ennis Ford. We've bought about 20 new Fords from them and they get all of our service business and they meet all of your requirements except the 100 miles... still throwing it out there just to make a grumpy semi-old fart even grumpier!

But seriously, I couldn't be happier with their sales team and service department. If you change your 100 mile requirement, let me know and I can put you in touch with the GM.
Not a requirement as much as a preference. I'll consider anyone that's awesome.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:41 PM   #4
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

My vehicle buying is much like yours. I abhor the buying process that most dealers try to put you through. I had an oilfield construction company for 12 years and I bought everything from Johnston Ford in New Boston, but that's far from your 100 mile radius. Joe Johnston is a good man to buy from, but I could never trade with him. I did better selling my old vehicle myself. I just bought an F 150 from him about three weeks ago.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #5
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Tommy Vaughn?

I'm not a ford guy but those I know swear by them

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 06:51 PM   #6
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Iíve bought my last 2 fords from Burnham in Liberty. Iíll buy my next one from them when the time comes. I donít know if they are the cheapest but I do know their service has been excellent.
CoolHandLuke is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 06:52 PM   #7
Texantax
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Magnolia, Rocksprings, Concan

I can put you in touch with the owner of Classic Ford in Galveston if that's not too far
Texantax is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 06:56 PM   #8
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Is Truckville in SourLake still a sponsor?

Always remember reading nothing but good things about them on here
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 07:06 PM   #9
slabnabbin
Eight Point

Ryan ford in sealy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slabnabbin is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 07:07 PM   #10
dfkoon
Ten Point

Hunt In: West Texas / Hagermann when lucky

Tuned in... One night a few weeks ago during the truck month I clicked on the send me the lowest price on a F250 Lariat. I need a new truck.

I was actually on a business call. Next I know getting a call from the dealership. I gave them my email, not my number. Couple minutes later wife gets a call. And they keep calling. Never did get that low price that is too low to show on their site.
dfkoon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 07:08 PM   #11
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabnabbin View Post
Ryan ford in sealy

Heard that name from a few others.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #12
slabnabbin
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Heard that name from a few others.

Mark Jones treated me right on a recent purchase.

slabnabbin is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #13
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

I bought a few from Vernon auto.
boh347 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #14
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Henson in Madisoville. Great folks there.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #15
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma

No help on a good Ford dealership. I can however appreciate your stance when it comes to business. Maybe the next dealer will appreciate your business a little more.
2Lazy2P is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 07:44 PM   #16
K5WTC
Four Point

Hunt In: Parker/Palo Pinto

Bruce Ray is the fleet mgrs at southwest Ford in Weatherford. Great price and easy to deal with. They have fleet customers all over the southwest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk
K5WTC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 07:44 PM   #17
eastxhunter
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Dear green diary ,

Today was the hardest day .. (tears soak the keyboard)....
eastxhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #18
lanceodom
Ten Point

Hunt In: LaSalle County

Brady Kinsel with Kinsel Ford in Three Rivers. While I don’t buy as many as you we do the same thing. Don’t shop, don’t haggle just want fair pricing and service. Brady is the man. It’s been several years since we’ve bought our round of new trucks from him. Might be time to get another round for us.

Edit: Sorry just saw your mileage requirement. We are in Houston and it hasn’t been an issue.

Last edited by lanceodom; 04-25-2018 at 07:53 PM.
lanceodom is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 07:51 PM   #19
roysmoke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Covert Ford in Austin. Family owned and operated. Good people, they sell and deliver all over the state.
roysmoke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 07:57 PM   #20
LWD
Ten Point

Hunt In: Young County and anywhere else I can

That's really tacky that they didn't even offer you the opportunity to bid on it. Did the bunch that got the job buy a bunch of trucks from them too? Or were they just cheap?

LWD
LWD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:00 PM   #21
rvd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
I have friends in the horse/rodeo world from all over the state that will only deal with Henson.
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #22
BuckSmasher
Ten Point

Hunt In: All Over

That is STUPID on their part..... wow.
BuckSmasher is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:03 PM   #23
Axis FMJ
Ten Point

Hunt In: Willow City

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysmoke View Post
Covert Ford in Austin. Family owned and operated. Good people, they sell and deliver all over the state.
I have 2 from them. Been a good experience both times.
Axis FMJ is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #24
RShockley
Four Point

Hunt In: Public Lands

I would suggest Five Star Ford in North Richland Hills but you are a little far from there.
RShockley is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #25
jmhartt
Eight Point

Little further than your 100 mile radius but I'm great friends with the co-owner of Marshall Ford, Matt Moore. He's as awesome as they come and will shoot you straight every time. Former Aggie and he's always quick to open his pocket book to give to MANY charitable foundations (FFA etc)
jmhartt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:08 PM   #26
BigCohiba
Four Point

Hunt In: Angelina County

BJ Ford in Liberty treated me right. Bought from Friendly in Crosby in the past but they tried jacking me around this last time. I’ll be buying my next ford from BJ. Small dealership with a nice small town country feel - and super nice folks.
BigCohiba is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #27
low_tec
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas County

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD View Post
That's really tacky that they didn't even offer you the opportunity to bid on it. Did the bunch that got the job buy a bunch of trucks from them too? Or were they just cheap?

LWD
They showed up driving Chevys
low_tec is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:11 PM   #28
hgiles
Ten Point

Hunt In: my blind

Make it a weekend getaway and come to New Braunfels. Blue Bonnet Motors is hard to beat.
hgiles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #29
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD View Post

LWD
I'm sure it was a brother-in-law deal, but that happens. I get my share of work that way too. I'm certain they don't buy more trucks than I do. I know my competitors and I've never heard of this guy. It just rubbed me wrong. I've spent a lot of money with them in the past 15 years and nobody thought to call me when they wanted to spend some? That's just good business.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:16 PM   #30
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_tec View Post
They showed up driving Chevys
I once did a big project for John Deere right on I45 in Houston. Someone accidentally delivered a Cat dozer out there. Didn't take long to rectify that error.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:17 PM   #31
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastxhunter View Post
Dear green diary ,

Today was the hardest day .. (tears soak the keyboard)....
Guess I know who did get awarded that job......
Old 04-25-2018, 08:19 PM   #32
daniel044
Eight Point

Hunt In: Sonora, TX

Ryan Ford in Sealy, good mom and pop dealership with good people. Will be doing business with them only going forward. Best customer service I have ever had and very speedy which is a big deal to me when buying vehicles.
daniel044 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:23 PM   #33
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty
Default Need a New Ford Dealership

I don't buy Fords, but all of my in-laws from Louisiana to OKC, to here in north Texas buy theirs from Covert. They'll deliver it to OKC and drive the trade in back to Austin.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:23 PM   #34
eastxhunter
Eight Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Guess I know who did get awarded that job......
Oh lawd .

2 points for bein a good sport .

You got my vote for the next job.
eastxhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:26 PM   #35
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
I don't buy Fords, but all of my in-laws from Louisiana to OKC, to here in north Texas buy theirs from Covert. They'll deliver it to OKC and drive the trade in back to Austin.

Prius, huh?
Old 04-25-2018, 08:26 PM   #36
Hunting4fun
Four Point

Quote:
I typically buy a few work trucks a year. Probably average about 8 per year. Some years more, some years less. Some are XL and some are Lariat. Some are F150 and some are F250...a few F350-F550 over the years. I've been a loyal customer to the same Ford store for many years. I don't shop price. I don't compare prices. I call and tell them what I want and I expect to get a fair price and I expect great service. I'm familiar and friendly with the sales manager, the service manager and the owner himself. I'm loyal.

Recently, my Ford store decided to expand their parking area. Well, I'm a contractor that does earthwork, utilities and concrete. I literally build parking lots everyday. They know this. Right up my alley, right? Except I don't get a phone call. I don't get a set of plans to look over. Nothing. I got a call from someone that works there that I should call and see if I could bid it. I went through the process only to learn that the job had been awarded BEFORE I even looked at it.

I work in a tough, cut-throat industry. I'm a tough competitor myself. I'm not afraid of competition because it keeps us sharp. However, I'm VERY loyal to my suppliers and vendors. I'm honest to a fault and I expect the same in return. They were under no obligation to let me do their project, but I'm under no obligation to buy all my trucks there either. It's simply time to part ways. I hope their local-yokel contractor turns out to be a good customer for them. I ain't bitter, but I am vengeful.

So, whattaya got? Recommend me a Ford house that wouldn't mind some new business. No fancy showroom places. No Planet Fords or Megaplex AutoTowns. I'm looking for good ole boys that want to sell trucks. For service reasons it needs to be within 100miles of Houston.
Do you really think FORD doesn't touch bases with people even more important than you? It was probably a corporate decision. I can guarantee if any of the other Ford dealerships mentioned here needed to be expanded there would be a ton of corporate and other factors that go into that decision. Don't punish that Dealership because of this.
Hunting4fun is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #37
BigDraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Melvin TX

Ignore NJ, and go with a Toyota!!!
BigDraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:30 PM   #38
happy bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: mason county

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysmoke View Post
X2
happy bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:35 PM   #39
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting4fun View Post
Do you really think FORD doesn't touch bases with people even more important than you? It was probably a corporate decision. I can guarantee if any of the other Ford dealerships mentioned here needed to be expanded there would be a ton of corporate and other factors that go into that decision. Don't punish that Dealership because of this.
This could be true if you knew what you were talking about. But you don't in this case. Yes, FORD deals with people much larger than me. This dealership doesn't....at least not in my trade. It was not a corporate decision. That's a stupid assumption. Corporate gives direction on fit and finish of building and certain shop requirements and not much else. I know this because I was very close to purchasing an existing dealership that was going to need to be rebuilt. They certainly don't dictate what contractor is chosen for a parking lot expansion that is independently owned. I've been involved in the building of a few. I laid it out exactly as it went down. I didn't embellish. I'm well aware of the facts. But thanks. BTW....do you know of a good dealership?
Old 04-25-2018, 08:41 PM   #40
WTucker
Six Point

Hunt In: Mauriceville

Maybe the owner of the dealership has a friend in the business or something. Try Sour Lake Ford maybe.
WTucker is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #41
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Curt, I for sure ain't no Randall Reed fan either! I drive lease vehicles and my leasing company delivered my last truck to them in Humble... The fleet manager was a good guy, but There's no way I'd EVER buy a vehicle there nor take one in to that service department!
You tried Anderson Ford? They're right up the road... Cleveland family and been around for years... Sure see a lot of their trucks round the area, but have NO personal experience with them.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:47 PM   #42
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
This could be true if you knew what you were talking about. But you don't in this case. Yes, FORD deals with people much larger than me. This dealership doesn't....at least not in my trade. It was not a corporate decision. That's a stupid assumption. Corporate gives direction on fit and finish of building and certain shop requirements and not much else. I know this because I was very close to purchasing an existing dealership that was going to need to be rebuilt. They certainly don't dictate what contractor is chosen for a parking lot expansion that is independently owned. I've been involved in the building of a few. I laid it out exactly as it went down. I didn't embellish. I'm well aware of the facts. But thanks. BTW....do you know of a good dealership?
Dilly Dilly!

Mcree Ford in League City!
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 08:49 PM   #43
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting4fun View Post

Yeah, that's just....no. Screw them, that's poor business.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:54 PM   #44
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

Quote:

X2
Leon will set you up.

bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 09:01 PM   #45
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Prius, huh?

I was being nice, smartass. I didn't even say a word about 2nd rate vehicles coming from 2nd rate dealerships....I bet they picked a contractor who runs Chevrolets so the work would actually get done and they wouldn't wind up with all your trucks clogging up the service dept.

I didn't mention any of that...

Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-25-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #46
Drop Tine
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere and anything legal

Bought my last one from Sour Lake Ford. Doug the sales manager will take great care of you. My business partner lives in Tyler area and they drove his new truck to him and took the trade in. He didn’t even have to make the drive to Sour Lake.
Drop Tine is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 09:06 PM   #47
TildenHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia

Russell and Smith Ford.....I know Jordan Smith and he and his family are as good a people as you will find. Iíd be happy to put you in touch with him.

TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 09:07 PM   #48
TreyRo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney

Lots of gold in this thread. Only thing of Substance I can add is I bought my Duramax from covert in Bastrop and as has been mentioned they are great folks. Easily least pressure in a car purchase for me.
TreyRo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 09:15 PM   #49
175gr7.62
Ten Point

Hunt In: Red River County,Harrison County, SW Kansas,

Do you know the owners of the dealership personally and are you sure they know exactly what business you are in? I donít know them at all but I know how the dealership business works ( my family has been doing it since 1971) and most of the time the sales team and the business management team donít converse that much.

That being said, loyalty to a vehicle dealership is in my opinion asinine. They are selling a product. They all sell the same product. I ply them all against each other for the lowest price because none of them offer you anything that every other one doesnít offer.

It takes 5 minutes to type up an email outlining exactly what you want. Send it to 20 different dealershipís internet sales managers and Ďcc all of them on the same email. It will be like sharks circling a bleeding seal.

All of that aside, Vernon is typically the best cheapest place to buy a Ford. Every dealership has to service them no matter where they were bought.

175gr7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-25-2018, 09:18 PM   #50
LarryP_1989
Eight Point

Hunt In: Grimes, Walker cty.

Quote:
X2 on Henson. Call and ask for Michael Crocker he will get you fixed up Iíve known him for years.
LarryP_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top