Shed hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shed hunting

I know this may sound silly, but tomorrow I get to go shed hunting for the first time. I’m super stoked!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not silly at all. It is Easter egg hunting for adults but way more fun! good luck and post pics with your find.

Comment

I hope you have better luck than I do. I've spent a lot of years looking at the ground during the Spring and found maybe 4 sheds. All small ones that someone might have lost or threw back on the ground. I have a better chance of finding a unicorn horn. I'm almost convinced shed hunting isn't even a real thing. Kind of like snipe hunting.
      Last edited by okrattler; 03-09-2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        I hope you have better luck than I do. I've spent a lot of years looking at the ground during the Spring and found maybe 4 sheds. All small ones that someone might have lost or threw back on the ground. I have a better chance of finding a unicorn horn. I'm almost convinced shed hunting isn't even a real thing. Kind of like snipe hunting.

I see people posting them all over FB so I know it has to be a real thing lol. I guess I just want to try. Plus, I suppose the exercise isn’t bad. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It never hurts to try. You might have good luck finding them. One of my buddies has found 23 so far. Some really good ones. I think he bought them off of eBay or something but either way he had a pile of them to show me the other day.

Comment

Don't forget snake protection.

Comment

take a gun for the snakes. we have been twice with the kiddos and haven't found any yet

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

I have found the same bucks antlers for the last 3 years but only right side. That's 2yr old through 4yr old.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
                    I have found the same bucks antlers for the last 3 years but only right side. That's 2yr old through 4yr old.
                    Not the same deer!

I kid! That is awesome! I bet you can't wait to put a tag on him! Deer like this with history are what it's all about!

Comment

I have only found one but really don’t get out and walk fence line and trails looking for them

Comment

The only time I find them is with tractor or buggy tires.

Comment

I will be out looking nxt weekend also. Although most of the deer around my house still have their antlers and have not dropped them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
                            That is SUPER cool!!

Good luck OP, Ill be looking next weekend for my first finds as well. I been before, just never found any.

Comment

Our rancher just bulldozed a clearing for a new fence. I hope to find more in the clearing.

Comment

Working...
                              X