ISO Job in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Job in Houston

Graduating college in May and I am looking for a job, figured I would post on TBH.

I have a degree in business administration and communications. I have marketing, sales, and social media management experience. I have spent a lot of time in costumer service and have ran marketing campaigns for companies with over 1.5 million followers on social media. I was also the leading sales rep for an ammunition company.

I take pride in my work and always perform above what is required or expected.

If you are a business owner that needs a sales rep, marketing guy, or somebody to work in customer service, I would love to send you my resume.

Bump for evening crowd

Comment

^

Comment

Read Nick Corcodilos book “Ask the Headhunter” and do what he says. You made the first mistake here- leading with your resume. A resume should ideally follow you talking to a potential employer. Or you can play their game, their way. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at every gas / energy company’s job board and start plastering your resume.

They love hunters. Sales reps, account reps etc

Don’t be afraid to try something that doesn’t sound like your dream job if it gets you in the door

Comment

Not sure if he is hiring but I’d send your resume to Curt on here. He seems like a great guy to work for from what I have read bout him. Good luck on the job hunt

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone, I’ll stay on the warpath.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Do you know how to use LinkedIn to find the people who making the hiring decisions? Not the HR gatekeepers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                    Do you know how to use LinkedIn to find the people who making the hiring decisions? Not the HR gatekeepers.

That’s seems to be part of the problem I’ve had in the past. HR gatekeeper makes a decision not pass a resume or application to the the decision makers.

Comment

You’re letting them set the rules, and you see how it turns out.

Read the book I recommended..

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                        Yes, that is what I have been doing. Most hiring managers know that this is what people in my position do. Consequently, they either do not list their public profiles or do not list their job descriptions on their SM profiles. However, I have found some and have started contacting them directly.

I've purchased the book you have recommended, should be delivered today.
                        Last edited by yotethumper; 03-16-2018, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Knock'em Dead 2018 Edition is the bible for job seekers and career changers. It is actually taught as a class in a few universities. I have bought 15 - 20 copies over the years to help folks understand the landscape and to use the methods that are best for your current skill set. It is EFFECTIVE, not theory, not hypothetical thus the reason it is updated every year. Mine was the 1999 edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Knock'em Dead 2018 Edition is the bible for job seekers and career changers. It is actually taught as a class in a few universities. I have bought 15 - 20 copies over the years to help folks understand the landscape and to use the methods that are best for your current skill set. It is EFFECTIVE, not theory, not hypothetical thus the reason it is updated every year. Mine was the 1999 edition.
                            I will look into that resource, thank you!

Comment

As a business development professional, who has asked for prayers on TBH when in “transition”, let me share an observation with you.

My experience has been the higher in the organization you make an initial, cold contact the better the success. Crazy and opposite what a college grad would think. IF you have something to say and questions on their business issues. As Nick C says, “do the job” when you speak.

Comment

Working...
                              X