Everybody WATCH OUT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody WATCH OUT!!!

Today is my son's 16th birthday. He got his driver's license today! He found a reason that he "needed" to run to town to the store this evening. He's so excited. Of course, we let him go, even though there was no real need. He just wanted that chance to get out on the road by himself. I don't blame him a bit. I remember that day. I still love to drive. I'm not really sure why, I just do. I'm proud of my young man. He's turning out to be a good one. I hope he keeps his focus. It was actually kind of hard to watch him pull out of the drive by himself. It was bitter sweet, I guess; proud on the one hand, sad that he's growing up on the other.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160330_201911.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	25083801

Awesome. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats! Dang nice ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
        ...He found a reason that he "needed" to run to town to the store a girl's house this evening....

hang in there Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post

hang in there Dad.
          Lol. Lord I hope not. At least not yet.

Comment

Watching him pull out of the driveway like that is a lot easier than the drive he'll take in a couple years. It sounds like you're raising a fine responsible young man. Keep up the good work as a dad!

Comment

I'll be watching for that one around town.

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
                Congrats! Dang nice ride!
                Yeah, we kind of scored on the ride. It was a little outside the budget we'd set for his 1st vehicle, but it was so clean and well maintained, I couldn't pass it up. It's a '92 that's only ever been owned by two old men, the 2nd of which I know. We have many of the maintenance records and the original window sticker is still in the glove box.

I got do dibs when he decides to get something else on his own one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                  I'll be watching for that one around town.
                  Ha, please do. And, if you see him doing something he shouldn't be, let me know.

Comment

That's a special day for a 16 year old. Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                        Lol. Lord I hope not. At least not yet.
                        joking my friend...but prayers sent to watch over him...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                          joking my friend...but prayers sent to watch over him...
                          Oh, I know, Sir. I'm not even 40 yet and have two grandkids already from my daughter. They're awesome, but I'm not ready for anymore just yet!

Comment

I remember how excited I was when I got my first vehicle. Heck of a nice truck!

Comment

Mine turns 16 in May.... Not ready for it

Comment

Working...
                              X