Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day from Australia

G'day all,

As the title says I'm an aussie and you can probably guess that I'm a mad keen outdoorsman.

I do a bit of everything, love my bird hunting which is duck and quail here, in the summer it's all varminting (rabbits, hares, foxes and kangaroos) but my passion is definitely big game hunting. I mostly chase red deer and fallow but have done a couple of DIY NZ trips for tahr and getting more into the sambar here in Australia.

I've spent most of my life on the dark side of hunting (using things that go bang) but in the last couple of years have done a little bow hunting.
    It got interrupted when I bought my German Shorthaired Pointer (we use them to hunt deer in Aus) but now that she's a little older and a little more well behaved I'm thinking it's time to start taking her out with the stick and string.

I do a little guiding on the side (much prefer getting archery hunters too!) but the vast majority of what I do is hunting DIY free range animals for myself here in Aus and in NZ.

The missus and I are getting married next October and the following year we're planning on heading over to the states. I've worked my magic and managed to convince her that after 2 weeks holiday I deserve a 2 week hunting holiday seeing as I'm already in one of my top hunting destinations in the world.

Still up in the air at the moment as to exactly what, it's a toss up between elk, mule deer or whitetail hunting or a combination of them, most likely on public land (rather avoid guiding fees if I can as the trip will cost enough as it is with holidaying and tags). I briefly considered trying to tee up a hunt swap but then remembered you guys have just about everything there in Texas!

At any rate, it'll be good to see a few of the animals you guys take, hear a few yarns and tell a few stories of my own.

Here are a few pics to show you guys some of what we hunt on the otherside of the big water. Unfortunately I'm not real savvy when it comes to computers with shrinking files and such so you'll just have to follow the links.

Cheers,

JP

PB Aussie free range Red stag

This years red stag

My brothers 2015 PB fallow buck

My Hog deer stag (took 8 years to draw this tag)

NZ sika

Aussie chital stag

2014 fallow

Brothers archery red stag

My archery fallow buck

Couple of bull tahr

Welcome and those are some great kills.

Comment

G'day mate - my best boss was from Perth but now lives in Melbourne. We loved visiting Australia. Drank too much **** and followed Roo-boy on the Aussie rules ball.

Comment

Welcome, we like shrimp on the BBQ too. lol

Comment

Welcome to TBH! I have hunted stag and goats in Austrailia, and stag in NZ. Both are awesome places. Best of luck to you with your wedding, and trip over here!

Bisch

Comment

Welcome. Can't wait to see more photos and live Australia hunts.

Comment

Welcome! Those are some impressive kills!

Comment

Welcome to the fire.

I think if I were you I would go for something very different... bear, mountain lion, pronghorn antelope, maybe moose. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Comment

Welcome JP! Great to have a bowhunter from Down Under on the green screen!

Comment

Greetings, mate.

Comment

Welcome sir

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome. I noticed the photo you titled Aussie chital stag. Never heard an axis called that before.

Comment

Impressive kills. Congrats and welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the camp fire

Comment

Working...
                              X