No announcement yet.

Equipment Guidelines For Trad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are not discouraging anyone with ANY type trad equipment from shooting for FUN. If you want to slap some sights on a recurve , you can shoot for FUN.

You must shoot off the shelf for score. Like Deb said, you must shoot all rounds for score before FUN rounds. TBOT is very shooter friendly for the FUN round shooters and no equipment guidelines for them other than TRAD gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Van/TX View Post
      So how much do the practice/fun rounds cost? Are they free? Do you have to pay for each round you shoot? Don't you have to pay for a score card for each round you shoot? If the rule is you can't use an elevated rest in competition then you should not be allowed to shoot the course at all, period. JMHO...Van
      Van, I'm going to let you in a little seceret, every round I shoot is a practice round for bowhunting weather its a scored target competion round or not......

I've always paid for my score cards, not sure if there is such a thing as a free fun round? Deb is right, you can't shoot any type of practice and/or fun round then shoot a scored competion round. If you shoot recurve wood first then shoot recurve open second the first round is not a practice round..

Keeping the elevated rests completly off all TBoT ranges, wow...

Comment

I think you can shoot whatever trad gear you want in a fun round.

Comment

Yeah, at the Canyon Lake TBOT shoot a few months ago, my friend Nader paid for his fun round at his very first shoot and very first time shooting any kind of bow. Even though we both shot for fun, we still kept score to gauge our progress. He fell in love with trad shooting, so I let him keep the bow, with elevated rest and all. I only mention him since Rick asked if we knew of anyone that may be affected by the rule. His bow has a fairly flat shelf if I remember correctly, but from what I understand, it's possible to work around that and build up the shelf so that it's more radiused if he ever decides he wants to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
            Originally Posted by RickBarbee View Post
            Who of you are effected by the elimination of the elevated rest rule in TBoT competition?

THIS IS NOT WORDED CORRECTLY RICK, THE ELEVATED REST WAS NEVER ALOUD IN T.B.O.T, the wording in the rules just never was clear, if folks read this thay will get the impression that the rule was changed to disallow the rest,
            i know i said i would not post again on this but the question was worded in such a way that SOME FOLK might not understand the truth,

jeffro
            as it is now..
            I believe the rules stated no moving parts and when I started shooting TBOT back in the mid 90's I asked for a clearification then and was told no moving parts, no springs,and no magnets and that the Bear weather rest and the Super Pro Hoyt or something equivellant would be ok and it was not required to shoot off of the self

Comment

I really didn't know they had fun rounds. Guess I never asked...Van

Comment

Working...
              X