Madison County Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madison County Hunters

Man it's been a long search. I just picked up a nice little place west of 45 in Madison County...back to my ol stomping grounds! Anyone seeing any good bucks on trail cam or while bow hunting? I sure am looking forward to getting back up that way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of good bucks. Im 10 miles NE of Madisonville on the Leon county border. Acorns are killing things right now.

Comment

Happy for you brother.. I know you been dying to get back in the game up there, hopefully yall can get a few East Texas bruisers on the ground.. Cheers to the 2017 season!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great to hear, Johnny. It's been a tough long search for you.

Comment

Watched a group of 7 does feed for almost an hour last Saturday morning and no bucks showed up to molest them. I did hear one grunt but never showed.

Comment

I'll tell you what we got in Pee Dee, and that's lots of acorns and lots of hogs, couple that with the recent full moon and deer sightings have gone way down.

Comment

It's been slow, have been hunting every evening and a few mornings with little activity, full moon / Heat / acorns = slow for us. Weather looks to be cooling a little which should help get the deer out earlier in the evenings instead of last few minutes of light. We have seen a few good bucks on camera this year but nothing to talk about yet.

Comment

Acorn crop is huge.

Comment

Not seeing much to talk about.

Congrads on getting some land. I bet we are pretty close. I'm about 8 miles west of Madisonville.
                    Last edited by Stan R; 10-13-2017, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      Lots of good bucks. Im 10 miles NE of Madisonville on the Leon county border. Acorns are killing things right now.

What road are you off of. I'm down by the river.

Johnny I've seen some good one this year. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                        Happy for you brother.. I know you been dying to get back in the game up there, hopefully yall can get a few East Texas bruisers on the ground.. Cheers to the 2017 season!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                        Yes sir, it's great to get back into them mesquite and oak bottoms. I love my pine trees but it is good to hunt a place that requires a different approach. Looking forward to it.
                        Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                        Not seeing much to talk about.

Congrads on getting some land. I bet we are pretty close. I'm about 8 miles west of Madisonville.
                        I'm in the North Zulch area. From past conversations, I believe you are as well?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Something is happening. I started seeing dead deer on the side of the road yesterday and a few more this morning.

Comment

Yep about 5 miles east of the train bridge in North Zulch.

Comment

North Zulch here too.

Comment

Working...
                              X