Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRXH 2020, Pitter Patter, Let's Get At'er!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration?

Comment

This OG just started a new job and the park opens 22 Feb. Have a blast.

Comment

Wednesday looks like lots of rain, and now Thursday is too. Who will be out there those days? Is it worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeekeeper View Post
          Wednesday looks like lots of rain, and now Thursday is too. Who will be out there those days? Is it worth it?
          Won't be the first time. I'm sure those that come will set up canopies around the fire and have tarps to cover their hammock and camp areas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

How’s navigating the lake by boat?
            Any particular areas I should avoid?
            I’ve been to granger many times but have never launched my boat there. I may consider hiking in, I assume there will be lots of debris after the rain?

Any tips/baits for catching white bass?

Comment

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
              I’ve been to granger many times but have never launched my boat there. I may consider hiking in, I assume there will be lots of debris after the rain?

The run up the river is pretty nasty from the mid lake trees at the mouth of the river to the turn by gate 6. Lots of visible and submerged stumps and shallow water if you go around them on the left side. The river channel is hard to find even with maps. Best bet is to follow someone in if you’re inexperienced. Also a stiff breeze means small craft advisory out there on the main lake. Stay safe everyone.

Comment

Well, it's a lake, so it will be hard to navigate it any other way...

Yes, any area that looks like it should be filled with water but is actually filled with something else, IE, a stump.

...I assume there will be lots of debris after the rain?
                If by debris you mean massive trees floating down river, then no, but there is liable to be smaller debris, probably nothing major though.

We had a small rise last week in the San Gabriel watershed, maybe 3 feet, this little bit of rain isn't even going to cause a rise I'm betting.

So, while I wouldn't say don't worry about debris, what I should say is, there no need to worry about debris any more than any other time on the lake/river.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                  The run up the river is pretty nasty from the mid lake trees at the mouth of the river to the turn by gate 6. Lots of visible and submerged stumps and shallow water if you go around them on the left side. The river channel is hard to find even with maps. Best bet is to follow someone in if you’re inexperienced. Also a stiff breeze means small craft advisory out there on the main lake. Stay safe everyone.

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                  Well, it's a lake, so it will be hard to navigate it any other way...

Yes, any area that looks like it should be filled with water but is actually filled with something else, IE, a stump.

...I assume there will be lots of debris after the rain?
                  If by debris you mean massive trees floating down river, then no, but there is liable to be smaller debris, probably nothing major though.

We had a small rise last week in the San Gabriel watershed, maybe 3 feet, this little bit of rain isn't even going to cause a rise I'm betting.

So, while I wouldn't say don't worry about debris, what I should say is, there no need to worry about debris any more than any other time on the lake/river.
                  Fair enough. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Go slow if you don't like to party. Only the best built boats can handle granger full throttle. Follow somebody in if you can.

For whites do exactly what navy chief tells you to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                      Go slow if you don't like to party. Only the best built boats can handle granger full throttle. Follow somebody in if you can.

For whites do exactly what navy chief tells you to do.

I do like to party but I’ll wait till I beach the boat at camp. I’ll idle up the river to get a feel for her.

Comment

I do like to party but I’ll wait till I beach the boat at camp. I’ll idle up the river to get a feel for her.
                        Once you're in the river you've got it made. Getting to the river is the fun part.

Comment

Once you're in the river you've got it made. Getting to the river is the fun part.

And GPS/Track your ride in and if you don't lose your lower, take that route back home when you leave.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
                            And GPS/Track your ride in and if you don't lose your lower, take that route back home when you leave.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            Got it. GPS on, Jack plate up, trim up, don’t lose lower, repeat upon exit. Thanks guys.

Comment

Got it. GPS on, Jack plate up, trim up, don’t lose lower, repeat upon exit. Thanks guys.
                              My preferred method is- start boat, open beer, jack plate up, send it all the way to camp because that's what cajuns do!

Comment

My preferred method is- start boat, open beer, jack plate up, send it all the way to camp because that's what cajuns do!

Noted. Don’t follow the Cajun in.

Comment

Working...
                                X