Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad Med Issues

Sitting here waiting on a MRI.

I had a neck fusion in 04. Trying to avoid another on as it would restrict neck movements and affect my shooting.

Doctor sent me to a physical therapist this am. She sat across from me looking at my posture etc. She kept cocking her head and had this questioning look on her face.

I asked what was up. She said " Your Right chest and shoulder are much more developed than your left. Now she noticed this and I had a fishing shirt on, I was not bare chested. I said really. I informed her that I had been shooting Trad bows since I was 16. I had to explain what a Trad bow was and it was like a light went off in her head.

She said that it may not be the cause of my injury but my beefed up right side was definitely tourquing my left and could be multiplying the issue.

I have read off and on for yrs in archery mags about the importance of trying to balance things out.

I have been given exercises to add muscle mass to my left side.

Anyhow just a heads up. Might be a good idea to exercise your weak side a bit.

Take care.

Mike
    Last edited by M.E.B.; 01-19-2017, 11:17 AM.

Dang. Hadn't thought of that. Hope you get things straightened out.

Gary

Comment

I hope you get things worked out. I'm lucky in that both sides of me are weak.

Richard.

Comment

Time to start shooting lefty lol

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Terry Ragsdale, first person to shoot a perfect score indoors, (All nine of his practice arrows were 10's as well) told me that he exercised exactly the same on both arms as he thought it was very important. I didn't believe it to be all that at the time. Maybe it was as I never shot 99 arrows into a 1" circle at 20 yards. I believe you though, Mike.

Hope it works for you, I would and I know you would, hate to have to give up the bow.

Comment

I'm right handed but left eye dominant. About 20 years ago I learned to shoot left handed and shot pretty darn well. The problem was I hated every minute of doing it and eventually went back to closing one eye and being happy shooting righty. As I get older I feel my right arm and shoulder being stronger than the left side.

Maybe time to start again left handed...

mp

Comment

Working...
            X