Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to be good!!!!

Comment

Been busy but had some time to work on the bottom of my fixture.

Clamped a piece of aluminum in my vise and machined a pocket and a dovetail.

I lined up one edge once flipped over to show how the dovetail will grab my block.

Here it is clamped in the vise ready to machine the blade fixture. Hopefully I'll be able to do that within the next week. It will depend on machine availability and my time.

Comment

Where did you get that big ole block of Aluminum? I was thinking about getting a couple of Aluminum quenching plates from USA Knifemaker so I could start making stainless steel knives, but they're ridiculously expensive, and I know Aluminum isn't THAT valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
          Where did you get that big ole block of Aluminum? I was thinking about getting a couple of Aluminum quenching plates from USA Knifemaker so I could start making stainless steel knives, but they're ridiculously expensive, and I know Aluminum isn't THAT valuable.
          X2

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
            I ordered a 5 foot piece from McMaster Carr. I can use it for all the different machining fixtures I make so I buy in bulk.

Since you are in Austin, you might try

Trident
            3101 Longhorn Blvd, Austin, TX 78758 ยท North Burnet
            (210) 826-8825

My shop was right around the corner from them when I was in Austin. You can ask if they have any drop pieces they can cut you a deal on.

Comment

Working...
            X