Looking for a good Cowboy Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soldier of C View Post
    Cowboy Church is a non denominational church. The outreach is for the cowboy culture who would not feel they would belong in a traditional church. But all are welcome the only goal is to let the people hear the Word of God. Goto Kings Trail Cowboy Church myself, and I can honestly say it's my home, the people are my family, my Godly family. Praise God for sending my wife here who was able to get me in church. God did the rest!
    Bently on your arena team is one of my all time favorite people.

Comment

Where would you find a Cowboy church in the Galveston area south of Houston, i watch it on channel 345 Farm Channel

Comment

We love our Cowboy Church in Santa Fe Texas. Hope you find one, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
          Where would you find a Cowboy church in the Galveston area south of Houston, i watch it on channel 345 Farm Channel

According to the website posted above, http://americanfcc.org/cowboy-church-locations/ there are two:

5622 FM 646 South Sante Fe, TX, 205-603-5403

7733 John Martin Road Baytown, TX 832-362-3822

Comment

Well that went the wrong way before I got a few choices.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jruss View Post
                the target group is to reach the working cowboy. you dont have to be a cowboy to join. the goal is to make the rural uncherched comfertable in a setting that is not traditional. most members are farmers ranchers and countryfolk that have been put out bye the traditional church. everyone knows the olboy that wont sit in a "churchhouse" and rolls his eyes when they pass the plate. thats who we want to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. and we dont pass the plate come as you are. Heck a young man was baptised this summer that looked like he fell face first in a tackle box(,piercings) his comment was he had never seen a body of balievers that looked past that and made him feel at home.
                Don't mean to get off initial topic but I really appreciated this post and explanation. Almost 2 years ago we started Sportsmen's Church here in Victoria (with the help from some traditional and cowboy churches). We're of the same mind. Just a bunch of folks that love raising our kids hunting, fishing, camping, etc. and this is where we spend most of our time and passions. We've got a wide range of folks from fishing guides, bankers, ranchers to some of us just plain ol rednecks.
                I am still involved with many local "traditional" churches and have many close relationships with people there, I've just found more fitting for me to share the word when I'm wearing Camo or sitting on a riverbank.
                I've heard this to be true of Cowboy churches as well, we have had many people come visit and some have even stayed that have no previous experience hunting, fishing, etc. I get people sent my way almost every Sunday asking questions like, would you be willing to take Me/my child hunting, shooting, fishing.... we've just never had the chance or don't really know what to do. That has been one of the biggest confirmations for me that this is what my family was supposed to do. If God wants to use the passions that burn deep in me to build relationships with people and share a campfire, I'm jumping on that!

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                  Don't mean to get off initial topic but I really appreciated this post and explanation. Almost 2 years ago we started Sportsmen's Church here in Victoria (with the help from some traditional and cowboy churches). We're of the same mind. Just a bunch of folks that love raising our kids hunting, fishing, camping, etc. and this is where we spend most of our time and passions. We've got a wide range of folks from fishing guides, bankers, ranchers to some of us just plain ol rednecks.

I am still involved with many local "traditional" churches and have many close relationships with people there, I've just found more fitting for me to share the word when I'm wearing Camo or sitting on a riverbank.

I've heard this to be true of Cowboy churches as well, we have had many people come visit and some have even stayed that have no previous experience hunting, fishing, etc. I get people sent my way almost every Sunday asking questions like, would you be willing to take Me/my child hunting, shooting, fishing.... we've just never had the chance or don't really know what to do. That has been one of the biggest confirmations for me that this is what my family was supposed to do. If God wants to use the passions that burn deep in me to build relationships with people and share a campfire, I'm jumping on that!

I would love to start one of those around here. How would one go about getting something like this going?

Comment

Originally posted by MA ELite View Post
                    I would love to start one of those around here. How would one go about getting something like this going?

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                      greatness...... all we have is what the lord has given us. I cant whitness to a bunch of lawyers or docters or buisness men but i can conect with cowboys and outdoorsmen.

Comment

Working...
                      X