S. Dakota Hunt...what to buy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S. Dakota Hunt...what to buy??

My husband is heading to South Dakota for a pheasant hunt next month. He mentioned wanting to buy some boots that are designed for a lot of walking. Those he currently has are snake boots, for the most part, and not good for heavy, all-day walking. He's going for comfort and (light) weight.

Any recommendations?

Yep, good comfy, waterproof, breathable boots are a must. Lots of em out there. Some warm lightweight gloves that he can shoot in are sure nice on those cold windy days too!
    Whereabouts in SD are they huntin'? We'll be in Presho.

Comment

It's generally easy terrain, just a lot of mileage. Any broken in hiking boots will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
        Yep, good comfy, waterproof, breathable boots are a must. Lots of em out there. Some warm lightweight gloves that he can shoot in are sure nice on those cold windy days too!
        Whereabouts in SD are they huntin'? We'll be in Presho.
        Not exactly sure. They're flying into Mobridge, SD and, as I understand it, have a 45 minute drive from there.

Comment

I like Danner Pronghorns. I will be there opening weekend, and I hunt 20 miles East of Mobridge. If he has never been he will have a blast. If he likes sunflower seeds pick up a bag of the Wild Dutchmen seeds.

Comment

irish setters

Comment

Crispi Nevada's.

Comment

The most important thing is waterproof. He will be walking through tall prairie grasses that will be soaking wet with dew in the fall mornings and his feet will be wet after 10 min which will ruin the rest of the day. Waterproof and 2-300grams thinsulate are a good bet. Won’t be too cold for the most part, mornings will be chilly but warmer afternoons.

Lived in the area for 25 years so...

Comment

Working...
                X