Texas gun control on the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas gun control on the table

Sounds like Austin/California is rubbing off on Abbott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmm I hope Abbott don't lean left ?

Comment

Got a link?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

The whole article is just soft language, so I would need to see specifics before any opinion could be made.

Bottom line is guns help far more people than they hurt. So to do nothing is better than the potential loss of 2nd Amendment rights.

I just want to know why the NRA hasn't blasted him yet like they did Yeti.

Comment

I read the article. Would any of those proposed laws prevented any school shootings? Honest question. I don’t know any of the details of how the shooters got the guns. My stance has always been that, for the most part, you can’t legislate morality. It’s already illegal to kill people..

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              The whole article is just soft language, so I would need to see specifics before any opinion could be made.

Bottom line is guns help far more people than they hurt. So to do nothing is better than the potential loss of 2nd Amendment rights.

It’s coming. This just happened today. Saw some of the live video feed.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                I read the article. Would any of those proposed laws prevented any school shootings? Honest question. I don’t know any of the details of how the shooters got the guns. My stance has always been that, for the most part, you can’t legislate morality. It’s already illegal to kill people..

Exactly!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Agreed, this is very weak.. more of just talking points. There will be no special session called either. Its an election year

Comment

Hmmm, a little bit of a curve from Abbott or election year smoke?

Comment

A better question; Why would anyone trust a politician??

Comment

Abbott recently spent time with some of the Santa Fe victims and their families. Very possible this has made him think twice and reconsider some things.

Comment

The only thing that will prevent mass shootings is better parenting. Everyone wants to blame something but it all comes down to better parenting. Too much access to ****, parents fault. Too much time spent playing violent video games parents fault. Unaddressed mental health issues, parents fault. Mentally unstable kid with access to guns, parents fault. Kids with morality issues or doesn't value life, parents fault. Why don't we try to improve parenting issues then we will see change. With the nuclear family disappearing these shootings are increasing. Stop putting your kid in front of an electronic babysitter, get involved and teach them things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
                              The only thing that will prevent mass shootings is better parenting. Everyone wants to blame something but it all comes down to better parenting. Too much access to ****, parents fault. Too much time spent playing violent video games parents fault. Unaddressed mental health issues, parents fault. Mentally unstable kid with access to guns, parents fault. Kids with morality issues or doesn't value life, parents fault. Why don't we try to improve parenting issues then we will see change. With the nuclear family disappearing these shootings are increasing. Stop putting your kid in front of an electronic babysitter, get involved and teach them things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

AMEN!!

Comment

Working...
                              X